New country tv channel returns

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

New country tv channel returns

Postby leedspete » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:25 pm

Hi there
Just to make you aware of a new country tv channel on sky from 24th jan called keep it country on sky channel 191. This will be a 24 hour country music program feat Phil Mack, Smith and Rogers and some new programs to be announced
leedspete

Re: New country tv channel returns

Postby PeterJD » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:18 pm

Excellent, any plans for Virgin, BT etc?
Ask forgiveness, not permission.
PeterJD

Supreme Member

Postby Smudger » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:07 pm

PeterJD wrote:Excellent, any plans for Virgin, BT etc?

Looks like it's only on Sky and Freesat at the moment.
I imagine there will be a few repeats over a 24 hour period, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. I'm not a fan of Phil Mack but he's doing some good country music TV shows now with no or very little Irish content.
http://www.philmackcountry.com/
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:49 am

PeterJD wrote:Excellent, any plans for Virgin, BT etc?

No official announcement yet about channels but there was a graphic shared yesterday on social media by one of the presenters
KEEP IT COUNTRY TV - Sky 261 Freesat 402 Freeview 254
No sign of it on Virgin Media's Channel Guide (Dec 2015)
I'm lucky with not having a monthly TV subscription to be able to watch it.

It's not been easy trying to format a BLOG regarding the new KEEP IT COUNTRY TV channel and find out details of the new presenters. Questions asked with no replies. Steve Cherelle (BBC Radio Essex's "The Big Country Show") who has performed/ compered on the Phil Mack Tour circuit, is one of the new presenters. As his BBC country show is request driven it is generally quite boring with same ol' names and songs with just the odd surprise. I wonder what his TV show will have to offer. Those that listen to online radio and watched the BCMAwards will know Steve applied to BBC Radio 2 in 2015 to present a new country programme. So far nothing offered and nothing has happened.
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Return to UK Country music