Hi To All

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Hi To All

Postby Hillbilly Carl » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:53 pm

Hello Good People,

I am a genuine supporter of British Country Music past and present and an avid collector of vinyl records, tapes and everything associated with the bands and artists from over the past 50 years.
I am proud to own one of largest collections of albums from the bands/artists that were the backbone of the British country scene that provided many evenings entertainment for the thousands of people who frequented the Comics and venues up and down the UK, I also have a massive collection of Worldwide overseas artists again on Vinyl, Tape and CD including many rare and hard to get hold of albums, my aim is to further extend and build on my collection and to share with other like minded fans of country music, the music and to learn about past bands and artists Worldwide some of whom i may never have heard of.
I look forward to hearing from like minded people soon.

Hillbilly Carl
Hillbilly Carl

Newbie Member

Re: Hi To All

Postby lo&m » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi Carl, welcome to our country music community.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby Hillbilly Carl » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:52 pm

lo&m wrote:Hi Carl, welcome to our country music community.

Thank you and a pleasure to be here
Hillbilly Carl

Newbie Member

Postby bigcarpchaser » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:58 pm

Welcome mate, where do you get your vinyl from, am going to treat myself to a deck next year but never see any of the new stuff available, any pointers greatly received.
Would today's artists even release a vinyl version?
bigcarpchaser

Postby Hillbilly Carl » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:37 pm

bigcarpchaser wrote:Welcome mate, where do you get your vinyl from, am going to treat myself to a deck next year but never see any of the new stuff available, any pointers greatly received.
Would today's artists even release a vinyl version?

Most of my vinyl has been purchased via ebay and second hand/charity shops, some can be purchased online via the artists concerned but can be very pricey, especially if your thinking of imports, i have also been very fortunate to have had people sell me there collections and one guy actually giving me his entire Vinyl collection of almost 500 albums, so have been quite lucky in that way, only one problem tho, they do take up a lot of room.

As for today's artists you would have to check with the artists themselves or the recording label, my own collection contains all country artists from the 1930sa upto 2008, but i do admit to not being a fan of today's modern artists as i find most of the tunes bordering on Pop, which to me personally is not country
Hillbilly Carl

Newbie Member

Return to Introduce yourself