A Plea to Posters

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

A Plea to Posters

Postby wildrose » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:16 am

Looking at some of the things on the Forum over the last few days I wonder if I could ask you and myself a big favour.

Could we keep the Gig Guides/Clubs/Artists serious posts - we seem to have gone off track a little (myself included I am no hypocrit and know that I can get way laid as much - possibly more than anyone else :oops: ) for which I apologise. I have thought about this since I upset Skarkiesmum when replying to someones post - which I apologised to her after and she kindly accepted my apology.

I would also like to ask that once a club is on the site could we update that post rather than keep making yet another subject out of it.

Your comments on this would be appreciated - I have thought a lot about this as I do not wish to upset anyone but I can only think it beneficial to everyone if we do this.

If you want to slate me off for doing this I will accept all bricks thrown at me but reserve the right to ask they be said on and for me to reply on open Forum no pm's or e.mails please:lol:

We all go off topic occasionally its the same when we converse but getting back to the topic is the name of the game - I hope!!

Maryxx
Wildrose Web Site (Copper Kettle & Broken Spoke Festival on this site)

Please note: site may be slow loading up
wildrose

Ultimate Member

Postby JUDY SINGLETON » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:30 am

At last :D
JUDY SINGLETON

Postby wildrose » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:37 am

Judy you are as bad as the rest of us so don't pretend your not :lol: & like me in some cases the instgigator!!

wildrose

Ultimate Member

Postby JUDY SINGLETON » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:43 am

Not saying anything other than that Mary your right, but it has got out of had so I was glad of your post :D
JUDY SINGLETON

Postby LynneT » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:45 am

Think we are all guilty of this, but sometimes there are that many posts that you don't know where your up to.
Can we also make it that we only have one bump a day, again I am guilty but its very easy to follow the rest.
I think its a brill idea Mary would you be able to delete posts if people do it more than once?
We should all stick to this I promise I will Mary if everyone else does.
Also could we make it one post one event, thanks hun your a clever moderator Mrs
Raising Cain
12th March
Beef butties
01457 833421
http://www.chewvalleycountry.co.uk
LynneT

Supreme Member

Postby wildrose » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:55 am

No Lynne I am Not Clever at all it took something embarassing which I feel ashamed of to make me do this. I know others are as guilty in fact in some cases more and they get away with it but this happened to me and that counts.

Yes one post per event which everyone can keep replying to would be great and thats what I meant. As you know I'm not very good at explaining myself!!

Regarding deleting I would prefer if I didn't have to but provided John agrees to it then yes I will do that for you.

wildrose

Ultimate Member

Postby LynneT » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:57 am

Good girl, maybe we could have another thread where we could review the nights events do you think. Johns going to kill me now
Raising Cain
12th March
Beef butties
01457 833421
http://www.chewvalleycountry.co.uk
LynneT

Supreme Member

Postby wildrose » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:01 am

Lynne I think you have it :lol: if people go to the clubs they could tell people how much they enjoyed it in the same thread as its all relevant to that club. No insults etc though as that would not be nice just good honest criticism if the need arises.

wildrose

Ultimate Member

Postby JUDY SINGLETON » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:32 am

That Idea last minutes :roll:
JUDY SINGLETON

Postby Purple Dawn » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:37 am

Yes I totally agree with all you previous posters the clubs and venues should be just that - to advertise clubs and who's on etc. It is difficult though when someone writes something and you reply then it gets carried on doesn,t it and on and on and on sometimes. Then people start a new thread with an eye catching heading so people will look at it. Have to agree the bumps are silly but if you are advertising an event and you have fallen to the bottom so to speak it brings you up top again - if you know what I mean. See I put our club by the month ie Sept at Houlihans Oct at Houlihans etc this would be ok I think if you just have one full stop you will have to scroll through loads every time you look.

Lynne wrote
we could review the nights events do you think

Think this is a brill idea

Sandi
Purple Dawn

Postby JUDY SINGLETON » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:38 am

It is a goo idea Sandi but not in the advert section :D Sounds like a thumbs up Mary if folk stick to it
JUDY SINGLETON

Postby Purple Dawn » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:49 am

What about a section in the saloon bit section if anyone wants to continue a discussion about something they have read in the Club bit to go there and start a new posting for example Sept at Houlihans ( in clubs ) then if someone wants to comment go to new section and start a conversation on Sept at Houlihans

Does this sound confusing to you all it does to me and I know what I mean
This way clubs and venues would only have the adverts on
Sandi
Purple Dawn

Postby JUDY SINGLETON » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:51 am

Very simple idea Sandi posted in the Saloon, folk talk about clubs etc in pubs and that is what a Saloon is :lol:
JUDY SINGLETON

Postby wildrose » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:58 am

What I would like to do if all Club organisers are in agreement is ask John (I know I don't have to but I believe its manners) if I can lock all the previous posts so that you can all sign your club in again giving all relevant details. Name,

Take for instance Houlihans (hope you don't mind) Purply Dawn could Start her new thread off and only she should update etc - so that anyone wanting info about that club can look and know they are getting it staright from the horses mouth - so to speak.

This applies to all clubs updates by organisors only we can also have a Club Review subject so that people can tell us what a good time they had at the club and if they feel it necessary a little GOOD criticism as this sometimes helps.

I await your comments with interest

wildrose

Ultimate Member

Postby JUDY SINGLETON » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:00 pm

you could lock them and every one starts again the problem at the moment is that some club organisers are away at festivals
JUDY SINGLETON

Next

Return to Forum Requests