New Moderators

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

New Moderators

Postby David-N-87 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:19 pm

They are needed because at present they are a **** joke, and leaving the trolls to run riot making not just this site but Country in general look bad.
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. - Matthew 5:14
And tellin' folks that Jesus is the answer could rub 'em wrong....but this is Country music, and we do!
www.youtube.com/davidn87
David-N-87

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:37 pm

This should be fun!! :lol: What's that thing from the bible about removing the plank from your own eye before worrying about the speck in soneone elses??
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby poets&pirates » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:05 pm

I think the mods on this site do a good job. There are several people on this board (me included) who can get very out of hand. I think they handle it well.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish
poets&pirates

Postby BangBang!! » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:29 pm

The mods do a good job here. The nazi with the loudest voice is the worst offender by far.
BangBang!!

Re: New Moderators

Postby gyro » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:53 pm

David-N-87 wrote:They are needed because at present they are a **** joke, and leaving the trolls to run riot making not just this site but Country in general look bad.

Jeez David, you do ask for it sometimes. :!: :!:
gyro

Postby GuitarDunc » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

David-N-87 wrote:They are needed because at present they are a **** joke, and leaving the trolls to run riot making not just this site but Country in general look bad.

If you feel that strongly about it David why not take your championing elsewhere to another forum and give others the benefit of your inexperience. You seem not to be able to have any form of sensible conversation or input to the topics being discussed and you also seem to have a special knack of getting most people's 'back up'. There's a big world wide internet out there for you to venture out in where if you actually listen to what people have to say you may learn something on your adventures.

I really hope you decide to broaden you experience and knowledge by signing up to other forums and participating in friendly chat and exciting new topics on them...

Good luck
Dunc
Keep it Live, Keep it Country,

https://www.facebook.com/creekies
GuitarDunc

Postby John Stannard » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:32 pm

GuitarDunc wrote:

If you feel that strongly about it David why not take your championing elsewhere to another forum and give others the benefit of your inexperience. You seem not to be able to have any form of sensible conversation or input to the topics being discussed and you also seem to have a special knack of getting most people's 'back up'. There's a big world wide internet out there for you to venture out in where if you actually listen to what people have to say you may learn something on your adventures.

I really hope you decide to broaden you experience and knowledge by signing up to other forums and participating in friendly chat and exciting new topics on them...

Good luck

A BIG Amen to that !!

For my money the mods do a good job here and it's one I certainly would not want, especially if its dealing with the childish, attention seeking of some troll who has yet to figure out that you don't have to leave your mark on every post !!

Awaiting the reply ...........................
John Stannard

Supreme Member

Postby brian ahern » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:56 pm

Looke like the childs nappy is full again.........as RH says Crap in Crap out.

THe mods do a good job on this site and understand what a passionate subject country music can be. Hence the defensive and protective outbursts that can occur especially under provocation. They are also aware, like most of us are that leading short questions are asked. Often to change the subject matter, or maybe to disrupt the thread participants.

I suspect this thread complainant sees a different truth than the moderators and the greater majority of this forums members so would he please consider that he could be the one who is making country look bad.

My advice to him is as I have advised before. Look, Learn & Listen
brian.
brian ahern

Supreme Member

Postby Twostepper » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:02 pm

How many mods have banned you from their boards now Jock, both here and in the States ? Why do you suppose that is ? :roll:
Honour the women in your life, fight breast cancer. Are you "Tough enough to wear pink" ?
Twostepper

Postby David-N-87 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:19 pm

One, for much the same reason I am derided on here (a love of modern Country).
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. - Matthew 5:14
And tellin' folks that Jesus is the answer could rub 'em wrong....but this is Country music, and we do!
www.youtube.com/davidn87
David-N-87

Supreme Member

Postby Twostepper » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:25 pm

Thank you.. no further questions... :wink:
Honour the women in your life, fight breast cancer. Are you "Tough enough to wear pink" ?
Twostepper

Postby wildrose » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 am

I leave the lads to deal with you and others and for my money they do an EXCELLENT job.

They are fair and are willing to listen to what you have to say before taking any action.

Your arguing is beyond me i cannot understand why you persist (not you only I might add before I am accused of picking on you).

A little friendly banter is fantastic and we can get a lot of fun and enjoyment out of it but sometimes certain folk go just a little too far.

LOM, DIXIE please keep up the good work this site could not do without you, I will be the first to admit that I am not strong enough to deal with this type of abuse.
Wildrose Web Site (Copper Kettle & Broken Spoke Festival on this site)

Please note: site may be slow loading up
wildrose

Ultimate Member

Postby John Stannard » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:35 am

David-N-87 wrote:One, for much the same reason I am derided on here (a love of modern Country).

David, it is not your professed love of Country music be it old, new, honkytonk, retro, texan flavoured, neo-traditional, texmex, alternative or whichever style you prefer that causes the problems here, sometimes it's a good idea to count to 10 before you hit the 'submit' button.
John Stannard

Supreme Member

Return to Forum Requests