Americana-International 2013 A review.

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: Americana-International 2013 A review.

Postby The Hitman » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:21 am

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
The Hitman

Re: Americana-International 2013 A review.

Postby lo&m » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:01 pm

I remember now, Ellie Dibben did a showcase last year singing Taylor Swift songs. First on in one afternoon before the advertised bands started. Mr Jackson does like to encourage youngsters.
"Child" is the right description, Ellie is 15 years old. Nothing wrong with that in itself. Lots of artists, including countrry singers, started their career at a very young age. And if you look at the production details of the above video, you notice that PJ Proby is heavily involved, which explains why she was up on stage during his set. Again, it's part of the industry, someone's got to manage these youngsters and those someones will make money out of doing so. It's an industry, not a charity.
pic taken from her facebook page
I do agree that she looked nervous and ill at ease during her spot. I think part of it was because she was dressed in a more mature fashion that she is used to. She kept plucking at the bodice of her mini-dress all the way through, trying to pull it up. Still, time is on her side. she has time yet to grow into her voice, make progress and gain some adult self-confidence.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Previous

Return to Festivals