Raising Cain
12th March
Beef butties
01457 833421
http://www.chewvalleycountry.co.uk
LynneT

Supreme Member

Postby LynneT » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:00 am

Nearly ready setting off after dinner so will have a head start on some of you :D
Raising Cain
12th March
Beef butties
01457 833421
LynneT

Supreme Member

Postby Boozed-up-Brenda » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:58 pm

Caravan all packed, flasks primed, SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW :bighug: :cheers: :celebrate: :eatdrink008: :eatdrink048: :music001:
Drink Drink Glorious Drink.
THE GEORDIE OUTLAWS . CMC.
Boozed-up-Brenda

Postby sharkiesmum » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:15 pm

See you all tomorrow :jump: :eatdrink008:

Has anyone got sat nav postcode I need it for someone whos going for the first time!!!!
Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
sharkiesmum

Postby AIDEN » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:16 pm

WISH YOU LOT WOULD SHUT UP I CANT GO :evil:
Cheers for now THE KARAOKE COWBOY
AIDEN

Supreme Member

Postby Lone Wolf » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:06 am

Big Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :cry: :cry:
Lone Wolf

Postby Irene T » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:45 am

Lone Wolf wrote:Big Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :cry: :cry:

Double AHHHH

Sorry, you can't be there Aiden, won't be the same w/out you and your family
www.countryroutes.org.uk
Irene T

Supreme Member

Postby NANCY ANN LEE » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:04 pm

i'd just like to say the biggest thank you to all the organisers and staff at skipton festival, the sound crew, audience, in fact everyone who was there for making me feel so welcome. it was a pleasure to grace the stage. to everyone who makes skipton festival what it is thank you and godbless
xnancy ann leex
Country music loud and proud!!
www.myspace.com/nanannlee
NANCY ANN LEE

Postby Irene T » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:14 am

Ditto to NAL's post.
As ever, Skipton adds more lovely memories for us, to look back on with fondness
Some really good shows, plus 2 hadn't seen previously - really enjoyed Mucles and Curves (the name didn't do them justice!!) and Rosie Horne on Mon afternoon, has an exceptional voice -loved the stripping away the backing and her take on John Prine/Nanci Griffith's Speed of the sound of loneliness

Thanks for a fab fest Yorks Dales-we really appreciate all your hard work
Irene T

Supreme Member

Postby LoneShark » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:45 pm

On behalf of Brian Hughes and the LoneSharks, can I also add my thanks to Roger, Kaz, Mary and all the Yorkshire Dales crew for once again organising and running such a wonderful event. To the many supporters of original BritCountry, it was a pleasure to play for you. The response we received was both incredible and humbling. Thank you one and all.

Good thoughts

www.brianhughesmusic.com
LoneShark

Postby TBone » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:37 pm

Many thanks to all for the wonderful reception at Skipton, and apologies for running out of CDs, I hadn't expected that!! I sold out again at the Phoenix Rebels the next day, so if anybody still want's them they will be on sale through the website this week. And another big sorry to Wildrose for not coming to say "Hello" I'm afraid I got stuck in the mud and had to wait for the next available tractor!, (which reminds me I've not washed the car yet!). Thanks again to all. Chris.
TBone

Postby LynneT » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:07 pm

We also would like to say a big big big THANK YOU to all the Skipton team. You really battled this weekend and made yet again a brilliant weekend. Can I also say a big thank you to the tractor drivers who worked all weekend towing people on & off. They were cheery and friendly everytime you saw them.
Cant wait for next year
Thanks Lynne & TJ
Raising Cain
12th March
Beef butties
01457 833421
LynneT

Supreme Member

Postby Lisa21 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:10 pm

What a great festival despite all the mud. It's my second time to this festival and I will be back next year.

The highlight for me was Brian Hughes, who in my opinion is probably the best band on the country music circuit for original country music. Keep up the good work Brian.. I have all your cd's and looking forward to the next one.... It's so nice to see bands doing their own stuff.

I thought Travis Collins was also great, but he did too many covers for me. I have both his albums and he could easily have filled in an hour and 15 mins with his own material which is exceptional.

Henry Smith- one word brilliant show. Last night was exceptional despite the rain coming down. I started out at the beginning of the night with straight hair and ended up going home with what looked like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards, lol..

It was so nice to see Papa Wrangler receive his book of autographs - I was talking to him later on and he told me that he was almost in tears. Bless him... Raisin Cain were really good I love this band and like their rocky sound. Littlerock (my fav local band) with John Permenter were sensational, I think they were right to finish the festival on a high and can't wait for next year!!!

I must also comment on the really superb sound and lighting by MT and his crew they really do a fine job and only wish the great north festival would provide a better sound and lighting show...
Lisa21

Newbie Member

Postby Lisa21 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:08 pm

Just a few photos from Skipton Festival 2008

http://mynetimages.com/album/lisa21/
Lisa21

Newbie Member

Postby wildrose » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:17 pm

Thank you so much for the fantastic comments I really take my hat off to you all for sticking it out but as ever you made us proud.

We have a fantastic team who always work relentlessly in any weather (lets face it they have dealt with more mud etc than most) and yes our team of Tractor Drivers are top class.

Unfortunately things were not exactly as we would have liked them due to the horrid weather but that is something we cannot rule.

Once again let me thank you all for sticking it out including our staff, MT's crew, the visiting artists, first aid/security, bar/catering and last but not least our brill compere Mike Sagar and dance instructor/DJ Dave/Dennis, hope I have not missed anyone out.

The Stallholders also need a mention as they always come along year after year.

Do hope you all arrived home safe and sound.

Hopefully the weather will be kind to us next year and we will get everything right (OOO in my dreams I doubt however hard we try we will do that lol).
Last edited by wildrose on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wildrose Web Site (Copper Kettle & Broken Spoke Festival on this site)

Please note: site may be slow loading up
wildrose

Ultimate Member

PreviousNext

Return to Festivals