Scottish experiment !!

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Scottish experiment !!

Postby Grim Reaper » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Dear one and all.

After months of thinking and discussion with Mrs Reaper we have made a decision.

We would like to put on an experimental Country and Western Music gig up here in the North East of Scotland.

Now here comes the difficult bit.......I am looking for expressions of interest from bands and artists who would be prepared to brave the wilds of Scotland at minimal recompense (fuel, accommodation and all the Jack you can handle) in order for us to try and make a huge success of the first gig with a mind to make it a biannual event that will become profitable enough to offer a decent wage for a decent performance :)

I know that this may be a bit of a long shot and yes I am totally at the mercy of performers who may or may not want to travel up north......but hey lets be bold and lets get this gig sold.

I have a great venue with bar and multi use rooms so we could have several acts on at a time.....scope for every one.

Dates are open at the moment but was hoping to catch some of the long daylight hours of summer/autum

So please give it some thought and let me know your feelings (polite or otherwise) God knows we need to try and encourage new gigs and we have a captive and starved audience of many thousands within a 30 mile radius

Hope to hear from you

Best wishes as ever

GR
Last edited by Grim Reaper on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grim Reaper

Re: Scottish experiment !!

Postby Smudger » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:39 pm

GR - when you say North East are you talking about Aberdeen area or Inverness area? I'll buy a ticket!
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby Grim Reaper » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Looking at a venue mid way between Dundee and Aberdeen.....that way we catch both big cities and surrounding towns.

GR
Grim Reaper

Postby Grim Reaper » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:55 am

I should mention as well that any profit will be turned into wages for those that perform.......this will be a non profit making venture for the organisers.

Any offers will be appreciated

Cheers

GR
Grim Reaper

Postby CJ » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Read your PM Grim. :)
CJ

Supreme Member

Postby Grim Reaper » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi CJ

Got your pm and I will get back to you asap with some details ....... still hoping to get some interest to try and introduce a new venue in Scotland but it all rides on the artists !!!

Thanks for your pm

Cheers

GR
Grim Reaper

Postby Frenchgate Magic » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:58 pm

I didn't know you were up in the north east of scotland grimmy...
always wanted to go there,because of the tab of acid,lysergic romanticism or paganism that impressed the kid.influenced too,of course,by a couple of other things ;

i would love to visit your festivel AND meet you if you would,it would be a hoot
so keep me posted !
TAPPER'S CUCKOO, MAY ,70s

CAT'S BLACKBIRD

HIS "LOVE A DUCK"

AWFUL.
Frenchgate Magic

Supreme Member

Location: THE DONX ...ha ha, what do you mean ? It's where I'm at ...it's the cradle of exquisite men like me.

Postby xXhayleyellenXx » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:50 pm

Hi! I'm from North East England so, It's not far for me to travel. If there's accommodation and wages too, then I'm sure my band would be more than happy to travel up there too ^_^ If you're interested in having me, please get in touch! x
xXhayleyellenXx

Return to Festivals