24in24.net Charity Night At Drax For The Laura Crane Trust

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

24in24.net Charity Night At Drax For The Laura Crane Trust

Postby confederate country » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:52 am

Wow we set a target of £24000 in 24 hours when we agreed to do this event. Some how even in this recession hit country it looks like we can pull it off. The event begins at 6pn Friday 17th April and ends at 6pm Saturday 18th April. Yes a full 24hrs. Sponsor forms for individuals and businesses are downloadable from www.24in24.co.uk. You can also watch the trust dvd or listen to the song we have adopted for the event there as well. Band appearing are growing day by day. Back2Back, Middi, The Hanks, Palomimo, Rosie Horne, Brad Stevens, Nancy Ann Lee and Red Dirt Road. What a line up. Addmission is £5.00 then come and go as you please. Bring your caravan for free. Join the experience on experiences.
See youu there we hope.
confederate country

Postby NANCY ANN LEE » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:55 pm

just wanted to say a big big thank you to everyone for making me and my family so welcome at the charity show on friday night at drax, it makes me feel so humble how many good people were there to show support for the charity. a big hand to you all love nancy xxx
Country music loud and proud!!
www.myspace.com/nanannlee
NANCY ANN LEE

Postby LittleGPX » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:16 pm

It was truly an event to remember, just a shame that the current financial climate has dampened the effect on good charities such as this.

Nancy you rock hun! first time i've seen you and its plain to see that you enjoy what you do, pity you couldnt have stayed on all night (and your sis too) looking forward to Towerfest.

Middi and Brad were very 'entertaining' and made breakfast a whole lot brighter (hope the finger was ok Mark!)

Rosie sung the adopted song magnificently and no doubt there wasnt a dry eye in the room (i know mine werent)

Well done to yodelling Nigel and all the girls for organising a great event and well done to the gang from York who must be robots in disguise to have danced as long and as active as they did.
There aint no rehearsal on the stage of life!
LittleGPX

Postby Hot Tamales » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:14 pm

sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

thanks for a super 24hrs, can't believe we stayed awake for all of it. Glad to be part of it.

Great music, great dancing, great company!

Big thanks from luke, jenna and the rest of the group.
L J Craig
Hot Tamales

Postby confederate country » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Many thanks every one you were all brilliant and it will take around a month to get the final total when everyone collects there sponsor money in but we think it will be in excess of £6500. You will remember Chrissy Byrnethe scouse lady who use to be in Blue Orchid who came long and entertained here. She sent me two emails today one telling me how fantasic everyone was by trying to raise money to defie this terrible desiese. The other one breaks my heart and makes me more and more determined to continue to support this Trust. Saddly one of her family little Thomas today at the age of 10 lost his fight against cancer and died.
God bless you Chrissy and all of you at this time.
confederate country

Return to Charity Events