Nashville Meets London

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Nashville Meets London

Postby Moshe » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:10 pm

I attended Day 2 of the Nashville Meets London festival at Canada Park in Canary Warf, & it was a fine experience. Firstly, Canada Park is a really lovely park right in the middle of the city. The weather was gorgeous.
Of the acts I saw I was impressed by a country three piece from Cornwall called William the Conqueror.
But the real highlight goes to a superb country duo from the States called.
AMERICAN YOUNG.
An entirely acoustic set, featuring Kristy Osmunson, on vocals & mostly fiddle but taking her turn at a variety of other instruments & Jon Stone, on vocals & acoustic guitar. Both are also talented songwriters & have separately written hits for a number of US Country acts.
There was something instantly lovable about this duo, especially Kristy bringing a real joy to the occasion & engaging well, & naturally with the audience. They performed several songs off their new album "X" & a song they had just written called "What are we working for" which Kristy prefaced by saying that she is "not one of those Americans who wants to build a wall around the USA".
All in all, a fine performance & a lovely day altogether. No Bro Country on offer today, which was a joy! Just varieties of country music.
A lovely atmosphere pervaded the whole event.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Return to Worldwide Country Music