"Nashville" Season 5

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: "Nashville" Season 5

Postby livewire » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:11 am

Moshe wrote:Episode 1 kicked off season 5 in dramatic style. A highly dramatic, eventful and emotional episode. The Episode felt cinematic. Not much joy here, overall a gloomy episode with dramatic tragedy overwhelming the lighter moments.
But it was an impresive start to a new series......With regard to Juliet Barnes, having recently watched some stuff about Mindy McCready the similarity appears even stronger than I had thought it before. Even Juliett's ponytail hairstyle in the opening episode of Season 5 is the same as one Mindy often sported in later days.

As don't have SKY haven't been able to watch it since 2015.
After Anthony Joshua's win in the World Heavyweight Boxing Juliet (aka Hayden Panettiere) is probably more concerned with her REAL LIFE hubby/ Daddy Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko!

Will the plot follow Mindy's past history when a leaked sex tape scuppered her comeback album I'm Still Here in 2010.
I was thinking about Mindy yesterday concerning albums sales of latest releases by likes of Lauren Alaina, Raelynn who will take absolutely ages to sell 100,000 copies. Even hotshots Maren Morris & Kelsea Ballerina will take a few years to reach GOLD even adding in streams. Mindy's albums released to lowish sales but word of mouth made them sell and sell with 2 selling around 1.4 million each.

Only been able to "follow" Nashville by the reports in Country Newsletters which explained why the star of the show Rayna Jaymes (aka Connie Britton) isn't coming to the UK for the live Nashville UK shows and why the track "Sanctuary" jumped right up the Billboard charts.
Then listened to the Soundtrack albums which have got steadily worse represented by declining album sales with each release.

Get the hankie ready Moshe for forthcoming shows and there's always The Samaritans to help the Nashies seek help
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Sat May 06, 2017 8:49 pm

This week's "Nashville" seemed a bit contrived with all the couples undergoing some conflict with each other. I suppose they are trying to keep up the drama, in an episode where not that much actually happened.
The relationship of Juliette and Avery is an interesting one to watch. At present she is still traumatised from the crash & can't come to terms with being in a wheel chair. She is also moody and suffering from depression.
Avery as always is the picture of patience, trying to remain part of her life but often being rebuffed.
Juliette set out, in her wheel chair, to find the young woman who found and saved her after the air crash. She wants to thank her personally.
The preacher whose congregation the lady is in met Juliette and told her that the lady is a very private person and does not want publicity, but he agreed to give her Juliette's number and told Juliette the woman's name.
My fear is that if the two meet- likely- the paparazzi may find out and come crashing in. I hope not, I am just speculating!
Looks like a duet album from Rayna and Deacon is on the cards.
Meanwhile, Scarlett and Gunner continue their silly little fights. FFS!!! I think that particular story line is getting tiresome!
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Sun May 07, 2017 11:07 am

Moshe wrote:This week's "Nashville" seemed a bit contrived with all the couples undergoing some conflict with each other. I suppose they are trying to keep up the drama, in an episode where not that much actually happened.

Can you treat me to a SKY subscription so I can follow this thread
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Sun May 07, 2017 2:01 pm

I don't even subscribe to Sky! But I get Sky Living as part of my Virgin package.

Just wait till the end of series & get the DVD!
I recall LARRY LAMB stating that "Nashville" was his favourite TV series, but he couldn't stand the ads so he just held out till seasons end when the DVD was released. (I believe this was Season 4)
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Sat May 13, 2017 1:01 pm

Episode 3 on the new season I thought a very good episode with alot going on.
Juliette Barnes reaches out to the woman who saved her after the plane crash, Avery's first production job in a while is with a teen YouTube brat who is just about impossible and causes him to walk out, while Maddie, Rayna & Deacon's daughter, finally opologises to Deacon for the untrue things she said about him in court.
Not sure what is going on with Highway 61's new tech geek, except he is obsessed with Rayna & the episode ends with him sneaking something (not sure what) from the studio?
Also, with Maddie, while fetching takeaway coffees as part of her job as interns, she strikes up a friendship with a young busker.
Watch this space.

By the way, the church lady who saved Juliette's life rejected a new car from Ms Barnes but seems to be having trouble with her old banger.
Maybe she should have kept the new car after all!
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Mon May 15, 2017 7:55 pm

A few more thoughts about this episode-
Why did that church lady turn down Juliette's gift of a car? It was a sweet gesture, and by episode end we see the lady's car grinding to a halt! She's gonna need a new car!

Sweetest scenes- where Cadence pees on Juliette's leg & she finds she has feeling back in her leg & kisses the baby! Also, where Maddie finally admits she had wronged Deacon & the two reconcile.
Cheesiest moment- Deacon giving one of his goofy smiles when Maddie apologises to the bratty youtube star & the two girls high five.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Wed May 17, 2017 1:55 pm

Here's a quiz question,folks!

No right or wrong answers, but it comes out of a situation in episode 3 of Nashville.

If you had done something big for a massive, very wealthy star- such as saving their life. If they had come to see you and noticed your old banger was on its last legs.
And they had gifted you a very nice new car.

What would you do?

I would probably contact them, thank them profusely, and ask if they are sure. If they said yes, I would again thank them & keep the car.

What the church lady played by Rhiannon Giddens did was to phone up Juliette, say "I am a little thrown", that "it is very sweet of you" but demand in no uncertain terms that Juliette take the car back.

This of course made Juliette feel bad!

What would you do?
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Wed May 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Sat May 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Powers Boothe, the Emmy-winning actor who portrayed the memorable and often villainous Lamar Wyatt on Nashville, died Sunday night (May 14) at age 68.
The patriarch of the Wyatt family had a strained relationship with his daughter Rayna Jaymes for the show’s first two seasons, where they often fought over the time she devoted to her music and her family life. Wyatt also helped Jaymes’ first husband Teddy Conrad become Nashville’s mayor. He left the series in 2014.
Boothe, also known for his work in TV’s Deadwood and films such as Tombstone, Sin City and The Avengers, died of natural causes at his home in Los Angeles, his publicist said.

CMT's 'Nashville' To Return and Release Soundtrack on Thursday, June 1st
CMT-TV show "NASHVILLE" is ready to return in America on THURSDAY, JUNE 1st, along with the BIG MACHINE RECORDS release of the show's soundtrack, "The Music Of NASHVILLE, Season 5 Volume 2." The 11-track album will include an assortment of songs from the current US season, and now available to pre-order (May 19).
(1 June 2017) Nashville Cast - The Music Of Nashville Original Soundtrack Season 5 Volume 2 (Deluxe Version) (Big Machine Records)
16 Tracks/ Time: 48:23
Amazon UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nashville-Orig ... B0716SYG3L
UK iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/music ... 1234536760
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Sat May 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Episode 4 of Season 5 "Leap of Faith" sees Juliette struggling with the aftermath of her plane crash & her life long difficulty with accepting help/love from other people.
The episode ends with Juliette progressing in comming to terms with the plane crash & making progress towards a physical and emotional recovery.
We also see her relationship with Avery finally getting back on track.
Meanwhile Scarlet and Gunner are getting on well while Rayna's label is set to make an expensive video for their single with financial support from a young Digital wizard from LA who is also a big Rayna fan, named Zac.
Meanwhile Rayna has a mystery stalker and Will gets cold feet about buying a house with Kevin, & Kevin doesn't take that too well.
A very good episode which realistically worked through the emotional and physical process Juliette is going through and Will's panic about making the big move of actually moving in with someone.

Who is Rayna's mystery stalker? Clues point to the young computer geek she recently hired, but who knows?
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby lo&m » Sun May 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Only watched up to episode 2 so you're a bit ahead of me yet. Two thoughts: Juliette might get so inspired by the crash and the church singer that she 'sees the light' and embraces gospel music. I know; Juliette? But it might happen. It does in real life Nashville. Even the most determined hell-raiser can win back some credibility with the bible belt by releasing a gospel album. Putting beliefs to one side for a moment, they can sometimes be musically creditworthy. And Buddy Miller has done gospel inflected material on his own records.

And then there's Deacon singing that ballad to Rayna in ep 2. Cringeworthy is a more accurate term to describe that. My first thought was, ""Who is he lip-syncing to?" I used the pause button on the remote to sift through the end credits. No singer listed but there was a credit for a Pro Tools operator. I guess the lad earned his pay that day.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby Moshe » Mon May 22, 2017 9:45 am

You might be right with that, Bill. Juliette went to the church and asked the pastor how to pray.
I think that Avery is a very good guy, and he tries so hard. On the pain pills, though, I side with Juliette. After her previous issues with drug abuse, she knows that even a low dose can start her slide back.

Going gospel for singers is a popular thing in country. Kris kristopherson gained a lot of success with "Why Me, Lord?". Nashville is,. after all, right in the heart of the bible belt.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Sun May 28, 2017 1:41 pm

Episode 5: "Love Hurts"
Not a bad episode, though I think the making of this big production music video for The Ex's single was a bit overblown. Hopefully, this will not have pushed Scarlett over the edge.
Meanwhile Maddie has been seeing Clay, a young black musician who suffers from bi polar. Maddie is pushing to move the relationship on, towards a sexual/ romantic one, while Clay has a more realistic take on how complicated this can get and holds back.
Eventually, Clay introduces himself to Rayna and Deacon, but I do not see Maddie as mature enough to deal with someone with bipolar. She even totally freaked out when she saw Deacon lose it when he suffered bereavement.
Meanwhile it seems that Rayna's stalker has been caught, & it was not the shy young computer geek she had hired, though she seems minded to fire him anyone for having taken a momento from her to give to his mom, who is a big fan. A bit harsh, i thought. He seems a harmless enough guy. And can you fire someone for being a little imature?? Is that even legal??
Juiette is seen only briefly in this episode when Maddie comes to her for advice about this boy Maddie is interested in.
Good news is, Juliette is able to move her leg somewhat.
Zac aproaches Will with a bit of a business proposition, but was he also interested in him personally? i was unsure after the brief scene, but Will was blushing.

Zac seems very determined and I can see problems ahead for his partnership with Rayna's label if their ideas on ways forward do not coincide.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:46 am

Haven't seen anything of the last 2 Nashville series.

There seems to be a New Season 5 Trailer as it's back on US Screens

The President of the British Country Music Awards said yesterday that "Everyone's enjoying Nashville again in the UK".
Such a sweeping assumption that everyone can afford expense TV monthly packages. Austerity what austerity?
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:38 am

Series 5, Episode 6 :"A Little Bit stronger".
Very strong episode which sees Luke wanting to sell his record label & Rayna & Zac wanting to buy!
Nice seeing Rayna & Luke being cool with each other again.

And, Bill, you were right on the money! After her visit to the black church, Juliette wants to make a Gospel album. A nice moment with Rayna and Juliette together. Meanwhile, daughter Maddie is a bit more thoughtful & mature these days & conflicted about whether she should enter a relationship with her bi polar musician friend.

We also see Avery performing again. Now, Avery is a very sweet guy but I just can't stand his music! He should stick to his day job of being Juliette Barnes' husband!
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

PreviousNext

Return to Worldwide Country Music