Country Music DVD

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Country Music DVD

Postby Moshe » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Does anyone have any country music-related DVD's that they enjoy?

Here are a few of my favourites-

Ralph Emery's Country Legends Series Volume Two- a really fine show. A bunch of old time country stars gathered on the stage of the Grande Ole opry House singing songs and swapping stories in a very genial, laid back style. The whole thing feels informal, and the music is great.
My own favourite moments- Crystal Gayle and Willie Nelson singing "Two Sleepy people"- absolute magic!. Gene watson performing "Love in The Hot afternoon- what a wondeffully written lyric! Another moment for me is Billy Joe Shaver's hillarious account of the background to his song "Georgia on a fast train". He grew up in a honky tonk run by his mum & her friend. This is the funiest song introduction I've heard. There are so many great moments on here. Other artistes appearing include Bobby Bare, Lorrie Morgan- (who rescues Kris Kristopherson as they perform "Help Me Make it Through The Night" to kris' evident relief, Barbra fairchild, Janie Frickie & the ever entertaining Porter Wagoner.

"Country Strong" The movie featuring Gwyneth Paltrow as a "troubled" country star,Leighton Meester as her fellow patient, singer-songwriter & lover & Tim McGraw as her **** husband/ manager. An entertaining movie with some touching moments.

"Nashville" Season 4 I have seasons 1 to 3 as I Tunes downloads, but i bought season 4 as a DVD box set, and the picture quality is far better, somehow! Anyway, if you like country music and high drama, the entire series- seasons 1 to 4- is available on DVD!
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Return to Worldwide Country Music