C2C 2018

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: C2C 2018

Postby Moshe » Wed May 10, 2017 12:31 pm

SaloonGirl wrote:Is this confirmation of Tim McGraw & Faith Hill playing C2C 2018?

http://www.cmt.com/news/1776444/tim-mcg ... r-in-2018/

If this "old lady" of country performs perhaps another.....Shania may do too???? :wink:

Wow, that is one I'd go for. Presumably each would do their solo stuff as well as the duets. Faith has such a great voice
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Sun May 14, 2017 8:28 am

PeterJD wrote:Those prices and that venue is why if I do go in 2018 I will head back to Glasgow. I dont mind paying the money, if it is a smaller venue.

This sounds like the best option to watch C2C.
It had a better attendance % to. ICYMI
Billboard Rank Artist: #33
C2C Country To Country: – Armadillo, Glasgow | Dates: March 10-12, 2017 Gross Sales: $752,897 Attend: 8,342/ 8,409, just 67 unsold tickets
It may not have the level of Pop Up Stages but the main acts would sound so much better than the ear splitting levels to satisfy the O2 nosebleeds in the O2 Aircraft hanger.

Going by typical C2C rollouts and the way Radio 2 are up the Ar*e of the CMA. It now looks almost a certainty that Kelsea Ballerini will be appearing.

She has done:
1) Media London Showcase at the Arts Club, Dover Street, London on 9 May 2017
2) Performed at Under The Bridge, Chelsea, London
3) Interview with Chris Country Radio ( backed by Radio2Country)
4) "Yeah Boy" was played on on Bob Harris Country for a second time.
5) Kelsea will appear on Bob Harris Country next Thursday May 19, 2017
6) For the week commencing Saturday 13th May 2017 Kelsea Ballerini POP track "Xo" added to the BBC Radio 2 "B" Playlist and being promoted across the BBC
7) She was pictured outside BBC Radio 2 so has probablydone the usual Ken Bruce Tracks Of My Years.
8) Kelsea Ballerini and Brett Young will support Lady Antebellum at their Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham and London shows.
Eager Fans queuing up at Chelsea for Kelsea. Was London's Country Clive (aka Moshe) there?

C2C 2016 Predictions:

HEADLINERS: Chris Stapleton, Tim McGraw & Faith Hill, Keith Urban

Others: Kelsea Ballerini, Cam, Cassadee Pope, Kip Moore (to return), Drake White, Sam Hunt (to return)
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Sun May 14, 2017 10:24 am

No, Livewirer, I am not a huge Kelsea fan. She is OK but typical Nashville pop. Better than alot of them, but still not my idea of country or the stuff i would go out of my way to listen to.
The one tune of her I quite liked was DIBS, but "Hey Boy" is just another sis country (version of Bro Country) track.

I must say, the Chris Country playlist is awful most times.
A couple of good shows on there- notably Baylen Leonards Front Porch. But for the most part rather awful Bro Country that has me switching off on my way to work
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Sun May 14, 2017 7:02 pm

Moshe wrote:No, Livewirer, I am not a huge Kelsea fan. She is OK but typical Nashville pop. Better than alot of them, but still not my idea of country or the stuff i would go out of my way to listen to.

I must say, the Chris Country playlist is awful most times.
A couple of good shows on there- notably Baylen Leonards Front Porch. But for the most part rather awful Bro Country that has me switching off on my way to work

I think Kelsea Ballerini is building a UK fanbase in the way her friend Taylor Swift did. I expect 80% of her fans are female 12- 30.
One thing I find a bit odd is that her 3 #1 singles and possibly a 4th due soon hasn't generated big sales for her album. #1 singles receive over 8000 radio spins in a week so massive exposure.
According to the cool website Your Life In A Song the atmosphere was "electric" at her Under The Bridge gig.

You seemed to be a fan of Chris Country when you discovered it was on DAB in London.
Listening to the station you've got adverts from the likes of Carrie Underwood & Brad Paisley recommending and encouraging fans to tune in.
It is slick and professionally run and countless artists and fans are backing it.
The output is very Nashville mainstream so it will be to the liking of C2C fans.
Robotic playlists aren't really for me just as well build your own Spotify playlists and avoid the ad breaks. The music I find bland too.
Yes I like Baylen Leonards show BUT its not at good as it was on Amazing Radio. The Chris Country format is spilling over into the show. Baylen would not have played Jason Aldean before.
From Facebook debate it seems Chris Country is the "be all and end all".
UKCountryRadio.com also seem to bow to Nashville Mainstream along with playing poor quality UK dirge meeting their "Hottest Country" criteria.
Perhaps we are in the minority thinking that Nashville isn't still what Country music is all about.
Maybe in your Exclusives thread you might describe what the perfect 3 hours of tuning into a country station/programme should comprise of music wise.
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Sun May 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Kelsea may be aiming at the Taylor Swift demographic, but she is no Taylor Swift.
Swift had many critics, but her style was always fresh & original, and uniquely hers. This is what the copycat acts miss.
Whenever a big succesful act comes along, Nashville tries to clone them. When Shania burst on the scene, a slew of Twain clones were signed up, none of them lasted.
Taylor Swift was inspired by Rimes & Shania, but she came up with her own sound & did not try to be a copy of either of them.

One of the hallmarks of a great artiste is originality and indeviduality. When you hear Dolly, Waylon, Patsy Cline, Cash, Willie Nelson or Taylor Swift you instanmtly know who it is. Even if you don't like them.

With the slew of anonymous sounding Bro country tracks churned out on chris Country, they all sound exactly the same to me.

I think Carrie Underwood rises above the crowd & Chris Stapleton is instantly recognisable. Likewise Brandy Clark & Kacey Musgraves. Most of the others sound anonymous
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Sat May 20, 2017 1:03 pm

Keith Urban looking even more certain for C2C2018

Bob Harris: He would be terrific at C2C
Urban's "The Fighter" single A PLAYLISTED by Radio 2.
"The Fighter" new UK DECCA single.
Appeared on Graham Norton show last night.
"absolutely of course" Keith told the "Urban Army" in the audience who shouted out for him to come back and perform in UK.

My guess is that meetings have already taken place with the BBC and Radio 2 for his C2C roll out.
Probably add on dates being arranged.
Wonder if fans probably may be giving C2C a miss knowing that there are always extra dates around the country following the acts who play C2C. Is it part of the CMA / C2C Axs.com / Gigs & Tours deal to maximize concert revenues. It's commonplace Lady A , Miranda, Thomas Rhett, Cam, Maddie & Tae, Maren Morris, Kip Moore, Kip Moore, Marty Stuart, Zac Brown, Chris Young, Andrew Combs, Brandy Clark....that they return.
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:44 am

First name announced for C2C Festival 2018!
Kip Moore is coming back![/size]

SOURCE: Announced by Keith Greentree live on BBC Radio Norfolk - Listen at 19 mins http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p056zbmt
#pumped #super #excited ?

The fact that Cassadee Pope has been dropped by Big Machine probably makes her appearance on the main stage doubtful after playing the Satellite Stage and Radio 2 stages last year.
Bob Harris' tastemaker and C2C Press officer is promoting Big Machine artiste and another The Voice contestant Danielle Bradbery in the UK with new POP single "Sway". Expect to see her on the Radio 2 Country stages in 2018!
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Zzzzzz .... Wake me when it's over!!
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:07 pm

kev wrote:Zzzzzz .... Wake me when it's over!!
:wink:

The worst 3.1/2 hours of country(?) music I've ever heard Brantley Gilbert + Kip Moore + Jason Aldean + Lady Antebellum at C2C2015.

Heard some radio spins today for Danielle Bradbery as radio presenters react to her promotion from the C2C press.
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:02 am

Kacey Musgraves is returning to C2C2018

Announced by Kerry Fearon on her Keep It Country TV Show.
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:09 am

livewire wrote:
kev wrote:Zzzzzz .... Wake me when it's over!!
:wink:

The worst 3.1/2 hours of country(?) music I've ever heard Brantley Gilbert + Kip Moore + Jason Aldean + Lady Antebellum at C2C2015.

Heard some radio spins today for Danielle Bradbery as radio presenters react to her promotion from the C2C press.

Yes, I think C2C 2015 was a defenite low point.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:16 am

livewire wrote:Kacey Musgraves is returning to C2C2018

That is a very swift return! I saw her twice this year- RAH and C2C. A good show, but no desire to see her again this soon, especially not without substantial new material.

Danielle Bradbery shares a Birthday with me! Happy B'Day to her. I was listening to her current single "Sway". Nice.
If Tim & Faith are on the bill next year I may possibly go. I will see. If Shania Twain headlined that day, it would make it a nice Oldies day, & I would go along for old times sake! But I think C2C are determined to have everything up to the minute, so i don't really see that happening! But who knows?
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:17 am

Moshe wrote:
livewire wrote:Kacey Musgraves is returning to C2C2018

That is a very swift return! I saw her twice this year- RAH and C2C. A good show, but no desire to see her again this soon, especially not without substantial new material.

Danielle Bradbery shares a Birthday with me! Happy B'Day to her. I was listening to her current single "Sway". Nice.

Time flies when your havin' fun.
Kacey Musgaves played in C2C and RAH in 2016.
Rucker has returned twice and Gilbert three times.

Danielle Bradbery's single getting more airplay in the UK and her new video for POP single 'Sway' was shown on Keep It Country TV on Friday.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/sway- ... 1241546605
I see her as playing the Lauren Alaina/ Cassadee Pope role playing several stages including Radio 2's bash in Indigo O2
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:10 pm

Twitter has gone crazy

What a 1st C2C2018 C2C Country to Country 2018 headline announcement from Bob Harris on BBC Radio 2 Country
It's Tim McGraw & Faith Hill.
The rest of the line up will be announced at Country Music Week at the Bush Hall show on Friday Oct 6th!

livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:20 pm

If there are other decent acts in the lineup on the day they headline, I will buy tickets.

Still in two minds about Faith & Tim. Tim has a weak voice but has recorded some good material which suited his limited vocal abilities (but not the awful "Don't Take The Girl").
Faith Hill is a good vocalist who even crossed over onto the UK pop charts. She could have been a much bigger star had she spent a bit more time in the recording studios. Still, Faith & Tim together & indevidually should be good value.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

PreviousNext

Return to Worldwide Country Music