C2C 2018

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: C2C 2018 Tim & Faith

Postby SaloonGirl » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:07 pm

Well, the official C2C Festival announcement happened with Tim McGraw & Faith Hill.....but I told you that way back in May in my post then!!! :wink:

Probably no Shania Twain as she's doing her own UK tour in 2018....I've already got my tickets on Wednesday pre-sale.

It's a busy week in Manchester. I've just got in from the Little Big Town/Seth Ennis show. Kip Moore/Drake White and Lady Antebellum next week and Marty Stuart & Brandy Clark also in October. Thomas Rhett/Old Dominion and Maren Morris/Ryan Hurd in November and Chase Rice in December.

I wonder how many of these artists will be at the O2 in 2018?
Saloon Girl x
SaloonGirl

Re: C2C 2018

Postby Moshe » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:28 am

As Shania could sell out 02 on her own, she would not be part of C2C.

I have seen both Lady Antebellum and Little Big Town in concert and I like them both. But their sound is so similar! When I saw Lady A I was waiting for them to do "Girl Crsush" & when I saw LBT I was waiting for them to do "Need You Now". They could be one band.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby PeterJD » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:45 am

I like Tim McGraw and if the bill is strong, and for me at least Kacey Musgraves and Kip Moore indicate it might be, then I think I will pop along, however if it is made up of acts that are over here a lot, and the latter to seem to indicate that, I may pass.
Ask forgiveness, not permission.
PeterJD

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:20 am

PeterJD wrote:I like Tim McGraw and if the bill is strong, and for me at least Kacey Musgraves and Kip Moore indicate it might be, then I think I will pop along, however if it is made up of acts that are over here a lot, and the latter to seem to indicate that, I may pass.

Dan Wharton‏ "Your Life In A Song": *prepares for absolute carnage and loss of voice after about 5 minutes*

A poor second week for Moore
2nd week SLOWHEART down 3-15 Top Country Albums selling 4,000 copies (down 84%, 2-week total 29K).
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:45 am

Chris Country Radio‏ :
We're starting every hour today with tracks by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill to celebrate yesterday's C2Cfestival announcement. Tune in!

I bet he doesn't have to BUY any tickets, probably be a tix competition give away down the road.
The hype has kicked in. Will C2C set the ticket prices based on the Facebook & Twitter reaction.

BIG & RICH want to come if we'll have them. They are monitoring the social media reaction to see if we are excited for them.
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:21 am

I've seen Tim McGraw a couple of times and think he's got a good voice but don't think he's a big enough draw to make me spent my money - especially not when paired with his missus! Their joint songs all seem so drippy! :lol:
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:33 am

kev wrote:I've seen Tim McGraw a couple of times and think he's got a good voice but don't think he's a big enough draw to make me spent my money - especially not when paired with his missus! Their joint songs all seem so drippy! :lol:

Do you think he has a good voice? When he sings songs that are right for him, he can do OK, but on many songs (especially a crappy song like Don't Take The Girl) to me his voice sounds thin and whiny. His big hit, Live Like You Are Dying is the WORST ever song about bereavement.
He does have a good back catalogue, though, and Faith Hill has a very good voice & an excelent back catalogue.
I hope they don't do too many duets, because I agree most of them are a bit soppy.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Smudger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:22 am

Moshe wrote:
kev wrote:I've seen Tim McGraw a couple of times and think he's got a good voice but don't think he's a big enough draw to make me spent my money - especially not when paired with his missus! Their joint songs all seem so drippy! :lol:

Do you think he has a good voice? When he sings songs that are right for him, he can do OK, but on many songs (especially a crappy song like Don't Take The Girl) to me his voice sounds thin and whiny. His big hit, Live Like You Are Dying is the WORST ever song about bereavement.
He does have a good back catalogue, though, and Faith Hill has a very good voice & an excelent back catalogue.
I hope they don't do too many duets, because I agree most of them are a bit soppy.

I've seen him a few times as well - I like a lot of his earlier stuff but wouldn't go out of my way to see him again (although Mrs S might drag me along.................)
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby PeterJD » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:24 am

livewire wrote:
PeterJD wrote:I like Tim McGraw and if the bill is strong, and for me at least Kacey Musgraves and Kip Moore indicate it might be, then I think I will pop along, however if it is made up of acts that are over here a lot, and the latter to seem to indicate that, I may pass.

Dan Wharton‏ "Your Life In A Song": *prepares for absolute carnage and loss of voice after about 5 minutes*

A poor second week for Moore
2nd week SLOWHEART down 3-15 Top Country Albums selling 4,000 copies (down 84%, 2-week total 29K).

I just read the last few reviews of Your Life In A Song, he has no shame, I wonder if the PR's tell him what to write.
PeterJD

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:40 pm

PUMPED!

Maverick Magazine We are so exited by this news!! What do you think of Faith Hill and Tim McGraw headlining #C2C2018?!

PeterJD wrote: I just read the last few reviews of Your Life In A Song, he has no shame, I wonder if the PR's tell him what to write.

The reviews are nearly always VERY positive. It's as if they trying hard to please the publicists, artists and the C2C mob
Reviewer James Daykin writes really long reviews, the wording and journalism is impressive but they nearly always try to please and hope to impress C2C fans
Both act like marketing/ tastemakers.
Sadly since For The Country Record Blog folded there is a lack of well written critique.
Anyone who says they like everything in country music are kidding themselves!

That's why I always add or expand on press releases with own commentary and take on the facts that are presented.
The Shania Twain pressers last week were a joke!

The BBC, the CMA and Radio 2 are in bed with one another. Everything is rosy all the C2C performances are "stunning" and music played on Radio given praise with FREE FESTIVAL PASSES available to the presenters wishing to attend. Or so that the free stuff keeps on comin' from the major labels. You can hear it a mile off reading direct from the press releases they receive.
Listening to Bob Harris last night he would never have played so much mainstream years back before C2C arrived and his main agenda then was playing "organic" Americana.
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby PeterJD » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:59 pm

livewire wrote:PUMPED!

Maverick Magazine We are so exited by this news!! What do you think of Faith Hill and Tim McGraw headlining #C2C2018?!

PeterJD wrote: I just read the last few reviews of Your Life In A Song, he has no shame, I wonder if the PR's tell him what to write.

The reviews are nearly always VERY positive. It's as if they trying hard to please the publicists, artists and the C2C mob
Reviewer James Daykin writes really long reviews, the wording and journalism is impressive but they nearly always try to please and hope to impress C2C fans
Both act like marketing/ tastemakers.
Sadly since For The Country Record Blog folded there is a lack of well written critique.
Anyone who says they like everything in country music are kidding themselves!

That's why I always add or expand on press releases with own commentary and take on the facts that are presented.
The Shania Twain pressers last week were a joke!

The BBC, the CMA and Radio 2 are in bed with one another. Everything is rosy all the C2C performances are "stunning" and music played on Radio given praise with FREE FESTIVAL PASSES available to the presenters wishing to attend. Or so that the free stuff keeps on comin' from the major labels. You can hear it a mile off reading direct from the press releases they receive.
Listening to Bob Harris last night he would never have played so much mainstream years back before C2C arrived and his main agenda then was playing "organic" Americana.

I really enjoy your writing.
PeterJD

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:39 pm

But people in the business, music journalists, radio folk, TV guys and so on have always got free tickets/ CD's ect. Even I used to get freebies & all I ever did was a few reviews freelance. This is nothing new.
I would be amazed if music journalists/ presenters and so forth had to pay to go to a gig that was in their orbit.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:53 pm

Tim McGraw & Faith Hill announced as Headliners at C2C 2018 by Bob Harris, rest of line revealed at Bush Hall on Fri Oct 6 - BLOG POST

livewire

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:40 am

livewire wrote: C2C 2016 Predictions:

HEADLINERS: Chris Stapleton, Tim McGraw & Faith Hill, Keith Urban
Others: Kelsea Ballerini, Cam, Kacey Musgraves, Cassadee Pope, Kip Moore (to return), Drake White, Sam Hunt (to return)
+ Daneille Dradberry to play Radio 2's POP Up/ Festival stage and the Yamaha Satellite stage

Going by typical C2C rollouts and the way Radio 2 are up the Ar*e of the CMA. It now looks almost a certainty that Kelsea Ballerini will be appearing.

She sold out The Bridge, Fulham in 1 hour earlier this year.
Is opening for Lady Antebellum this week on their UK Tour.
No great surprise she is now confirmed to play C2C2018

#SUPER EXICITED # PUMPED ?
Oh Moshe,

I'll calling dibs
On your lips
On your kiss
On your time
Boy, I'm calling dibs
On your hand
On your heart
All mine

livewire

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:25 am

livewire wrote:
livewire wrote: C2C 2016 Predictions:

HEADLINERS: Chris Stapleton, Tim McGraw & Faith Hill, Keith Urban
Others: Kelsea Ballerini, Cam, Kacey Musgraves, Cassadee Pope, Kip Moore (to return), Drake White, Sam Hunt (to return)
+ Daneille Dradberry to play Radio 2's POP Up/ Festival stage and the Yamaha Satellite stage

Going by typical C2C rollouts and the way Radio 2 are up the Ar*e of the CMA. It now looks almost a certainty that Kelsea Ballerini will be appearing.

She sold out The Bridge, Fulham in 1 hour earlier this year.
Is opening for Lady Antebellum this week on their UK Tour.
No great surprise she is now confirmed to play C2C2018

#SUPER EXICITED # PUMPED ?
Oh Moshe,

I'll calling dibs
On your lips
On your kiss
On your time
Boy, I'm calling dibs
On your hand
On your heart
All mine

If it were a line-up, on one of the days, of Stapleton and Musgraves I might be interested (depending on the price, or course!) but there's no one else on your predictions that would attract me.
kev

Ultimate Member

PreviousNext

Return to Worldwide Country Music