C2C 2018

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: C2C 2018

Postby PeterJD » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:38 am

Little Big Town announced as a headliner. The rest to be announced tonight.
Ask forgiveness, not permission.
PeterJD

Supreme Member

Postby livewire » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:29 pm

Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:19 am

livewire wrote:Image

If any, I would be looking at the day Tim & Faith headline. Interesting to see Emmylou Harris as one of the supporting artistes. I would always see her as a headliner. If Emmylou or Margo Price are on the same bill as Tim and Faith, that would be a strong lineup.
In spite of many returning artistes, seems a bit more interesting line up than in recent years and it seems that C2C are just beginning to tailor their lineups towards British tastes rather than a carbon copy of the American Country Radio formula. Maybe C2C is growing into a British event.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:56 am

I wonder if Bob Harris and Baylen Leonard had a hand curating the list.
Saw Emmylou with her band Spyboy (and album of same name) back in 2002? at the Royal Albert Hall. A great show but when she played her old stuff I wished she had played a lot more. Not sure what she sounds like over 15-years on. I imagine she is more a theatre audience artist than an Arena same goes for Margo Price.
Lindsay Ell's album I was looking forward to but disappointed by how POP it sounded so just bought a few tracks. Maybe either she, Ashley McBryde or Lukas Nelson (playing Spotlight stage) will play additional shows just after C2C. Ashley Monroe and Cam did this playing Bush Hall both receiving sparkling reviews.
I really thought CAM would have been a cert for 2018 mainstage.

Ashley McBryde is the most exciting name on the list. A great album last year and 2 fantastic tracks released this year. Quite now Country Radio can only give her single "A Little Dive Bar In Dahlonega" 1 ADD this week is quite frankly appalling and why country music in general in my eyes has gone in rapid free fall quality wise with the substandard floating to the top.

Midland could be the surprise package and steal the O2 faithful.

Quite a few seemed bored with Kacey last time round at C2C yet she sold out the Royal Albert Hall. Unless her new album slated to come out for 2018 is very good she might find herself (like Reba) playing to a 1/2 empty O2. C2C and Radio 2 think she's big enough in UK to warrant a headline spot.

Reaction is mixed online to the 2018 line up. Some very happy with it the rest saying its a shambles and feeling sorry for those that bought expensive Early Bird tickets!
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:54 pm

Maybe those who are disapointed are the Bro Country type fans. The line up for next year is, I feel, more atuned to broader British tastes.
I think Midland are OK and will go down with the Crates of Beer brigade, but a bit stereotypical for my tastes. Talented, but if they attempted to do country songs that sound like parodies of country songs ("Drinking Problem"), they could be much better.
I really like Ashley McBryde's new single. Good stuff
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby kev » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Just when you thought it couldn't get more dull ... https://livestockcountry.co.uk/2017/12/ ... -c2c-2018/
kev

Ultimate Member

Previous

Return to Worldwide Country Music