51st Annual CMA Awards 2017

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

51st Annual CMA Awards 2017

Postby livewire » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:35 pm

Miranda Lambert leads with 5 nods, who was snubbed and who were the NEW names in the Award categories.
Voting explained. FULL BLOG & VIDEO ANNOUNCEMENT

NEW = New to the Category for 2017 compared to the 2016 nominees

Entertainer Of The Year
Garth Brooks, Luke Bryan, Eric Church NEW; Chris Stapleton, Keith Urban

Single Of The Year & Song of the Year EXACTLY THE SAME !!!

“Better Man” – Little Big Town; Producer: Jay Joyce; Mix Engineers: Jason Hall, Jay Joyce
“Blue Ain’t Your Color” – Keith Urban; Producers: Dann Huff, Keith Urban; Mix Engineer: Chris Lord-Alge
“Body Like A Back Road” – Sam Hunt; Producer: Zach Crowell; Mix Engineer: Zach Crowell
“Dirt On My Boots” – Jon Pardi; Producers: Bart Butler, Jon Pardi; Mix Engineer: Ryan Gore
“Tin Man” – Miranda Lambert; Producers: Frank Liddell, Eric Masse, Glenn Worf; Mix Engineer: Eric Masse

Album Of The Year
THE BREAKER – Little Big Town; Producer: Jay Joyce
FROM A ROOM: VOLUME 1 – Chris Stapleton; Producers: Dave Cobb, Chris Stapleton
HEART BREAK – Lady Antebellum; Producer: busbee
THE NASHVILLE SOUND – Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit; Producer: Dave Cobb
THE WEIGHT OF THESE WINGS – Miranda Lambert; Producers: Frank Liddell, Glenn Worf, Eric Masse

Female Vocalist Of The Year
Kelsea Ballerini; Miranda Lambert; Reba McEntire NEW; Maren Morris; Carrie Underwood

Male Vocalist Of The Year

Dierks Bentley; Eric Church; Thomas Rhett NEW; Chris Stapleton; Keith Urban

Vocal Group Of The Year
Lady Antebellum; Little Big Town; Old Dominion; Rascal Flatts; Zac Brown Band

Vocal Duo Of The Year
Brothers Osborne; Dan + Shay; Florida Georgia Line; LOCASH NEW; Maddie & Tae;

Musician Of The Year
Jerry Douglas (Dobro); Paul Franklin (Steel Guitar); Dann Huff (Guitar); Mac McAnally (Guitar) NEW; Derek Wells (Guitar)

New Artist Of The Year
Lauren Alaina NEW; Luke Combs NEW; Old Dominion; Jon Pardi NEW; Brett Young NEW

FULL BLOG & VIDEO ANNOUNCEMENT
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Re: 51st Annual CMA Awards 2017

Postby kev » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:07 pm

Gotta be something wrong there ... I can't see Raintown listed in the Duo of the Year section!!
kev

Ultimate Member

Re: 51st Annual CMA Awards 2017

Postby livewire » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:52 am

kev wrote:Gotta be something wrong there ... I can't see Raintown listed in the Duo of the Year section!!

I did ask several people (CMA members based in UK) if any UK artist made it through to the second round of the CMA ballot. It seems NOT!
Although that may sound daft The Shires and Ward Thomas are miles ahead of any living worldwide country artist in terms of sales in the UK (The late Glenn Campbell will pass 100K sales for ADIOS today, biggest seller by far in 2017)
If enough people voted in 1st round they would have gone into the second round pot. The Shires are currently CMA Global Artist of the Year.
I don't know why Maddie & Tae were nominated for Duo as have done very little over the eligibility period.

Having already won virtually every UK country award going 3 years ago Raintown told the whole of the BBC Eastern Counties (Essex-Norfolk-Suffolk-Kent on Steve Cherelle show) and twice in UKCountryRadio.com interviews: "We want to be at the very top, we want to represent UK Country music on the International scene. We do want to be playing in Nashville at CMA Fest in LP Field, we want to be out on tours in Europe, we want to go to Australia and touring” and slightly retreating on their previous ambitions said “we want to be at least in consideration for CMA Awards.

Well they haven't achieved any of these goals to date and haven't relocated to America like other UK acts to at least try and make things happen. You can't do this staying in Glasgow. Their UK tours normally include 4 or 5 stops and from what I can gather look to play around 20 gigs a year at best.
Their UKCountryRadio.com Duo of the Year was justified with their exciting shows and opening the Nashville Meets London 2 day festival. Well seen as their management Peter Conway were one of the sponsors of Nashville Meets London its hardly surprising they were again invited to play it.
They do and say all the right things that media want to hear. They were interviewed by Kelly Sutton, host on "Today in Nashville" on WSMV NBC 4, which went out live of Facebook. There was some major sucking up and shortly afterwards they were asking their Facebook followers to VOTE for Kelly in some awards!
Credit to Raintown I really liked their Hotdisc #1 last year. Their radio edit single was exactly what I'd been saying in that is was a success because Paul Bain's vocals don't stand up as good enough to take the lead (very cabaret) and his verse was omitted just leaving Claires to shine.

They say they have a new single coming out and are due to visit Nashville in December? I expect if there is another album to be released they will ask their loyal fans to CROWD FUND it once again. The last one had over 500 backers even though they could see that the roll out and launch for it took place on their 2 week luxury honeymoon cruise.
Now they have started a family will they not have the resources to fund new music?

Have to be careful Kev, Brian Hughes might be reading this and be inspired to co-write another song as a follow up to "Shut The Front Door". I don't know why they didn't just name me in person. Paul Bain at C2C was trying to figure out who I was as "seemed to know a lot as a fan" and was I a member of the press?
I certainly wasn't one of the people they were sounding off about in Maverick saying people where trying to turn against their family and friends. The stuff I've blogged about isn't made up stuff its based on fact.
I just haven't bought into the spin and hype. Even Country Music People's editor Duncan Warwick dismissed/ blanked them in interview on Rodeo Norfolk in December when it was suggested to him how good they were. They did get a 5 STAR review in Oct 2015 from CMP's Chris Smith who did declare an interest as a crowd funding backer.
I did see them at C2C 2017 they were good but rather rocky and didn't come across as that "country". A lot of hardcore Raintown fans were there and loved them. They left straight afterwards and it was 2/3rds empty for Lisa McHugh's set after them.

Kev I'm sure you will be thrilled after Chris Country Radio excitedly announced yesterday that Raintown have been added to CMA's Country Music Week events!
GO GO GO and book your tickets!! :?

Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Return to Worldwide Country Music