2017 CMA Awards



Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

2017 CMA Awards

Postby foot-tapper » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:01 am

Anyone heard if and when the 2017 CMA Awards is being shown on UK TV
Date - time -channel????
Happiness is a voyage - not a destination
foot-tapper

Supreme Member
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:38 pm
Location: Suffolk ENGLAND

Re: 2017 CMA Awards

Postby PeterJD » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:18 am

foot-tapper wrote:Anyone heard if and when the 2017 CMA Awards is being shown on UK TV
Date - time -channel????


BBC 4 I believe. I think they said Sunday the 19th, but I can't seem to confirm that.
Ask forgiveness, not permission.
PeterJD

User avatar
Supreme Member
 
Posts: 1243
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:07 pm
Location: Stafford

Re: 2017 CMA Awards

Postby foot-tapper » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:16 pm

Thanks Peter apparently 1hour of highlights starting at 10pm followed by two other programmes of country music

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl6b/2017/11/19
Happiness is a voyage - not a destination
foot-tapper

Supreme Member
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:38 pm
Location: Suffolk ENGLAND

Re: 2017 CMA Awards

Postby foot-tapper » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:32 pm

The 2017 Country Music Association Awards are here!

Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley hosted the 51st annual ceremony, held in Nashville.

Here is the complete list of winners below..

Female Vocalist of the Year
Kelsea Ballerini
Miranda Lambert -- WINNER
Reba McEntire
Maren Morris
Carrie Underwood

Male Vocalist of the Year
Dierks Bentley
Eric Church
Thomas Rhett
Chris Stapleton -- WINNER
Keith Urban

New Artist of the Year
Luke Combs
Old Dominion
Jon Pardi -- WINNER
Brett Young
Lauren Alaina

Music Video of the Year
Little Big Town, "Better Man"
Keith Urban, "Blue Ain't Your Color"
Thomas Rhett feat. Maren Morris, "Craving You"
Miranda Lambert, "Vice"
Brothers Osborne, "It Ain't My Fault" -- WINNER

Vocal Duo of the Year
Dan + Shay
Florida Georgia Line
LOCASH
Maddie & Tae
Brothers Osborne -- WINNER

Entertainer of the Year
Garth Brooks -- WINNER
Luke Bryan
Eric Church
Chris Stapleton
Keith Urban

Single of the Year
“Better Man,” Little Big Town
“Blue Ain’t Your Color,” Keith Urban -- WINNER
“Body Like A Back Road,” Sam Hunt
“Dirt On My Boots,” Jon Pardi
“Tin Man,” Miranda Lambert

Album of the Year
The Breaker, Little Big Town
From A Room: Volume 1, Chris Stapleton -- WINNER
Heart Break, Lady Antebellum
The Nashville Sound, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
The Weight of These Wings, Miranda Lambert

Song of the Year
“Better Man,” Little Big Town -- WINNER
“Blue Ain’t Your Color,” Keith Urban
“Body Like A Back Road,” Sam Hunt
“Dirt On My Boots,” Jon Pardi
“Tin Man,” Miranda Lambert

Vocal Group of the Year

Lady Antebellum
Little Big Town -- WINNER
Old Dominion
Rascal Flatts
Zac Brown Band

Musical Event of the Year
"Craving You," Thomas Rhett feat. Maren Morris
"Funny How Time Slips Away," Glen Campbell with Willie Nelson -- WINNER
"Kill A Word," Eric Church feat. Rhiannon Giddens
"Setting the World on Fire," Kenny Chesney feat. Pink
"Speak to a Girl," Tim McGraw & Faith Hill

Musician of the Year
Jerry Douglas (Dobro)
Paul Franklin (Steel Guitar)
Dann Huff (Guitar)
Mac McAnally (Guitar) -- WINNER
Derek Wells (Guitar)
Happiness is a voyage - not a destination
foot-tapper

Supreme Member
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:38 pm
Location: Suffolk ENGLAND

Re: 2017 CMA Awards

Postby kev » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:06 pm

foot-tapper wrote:
Music Video of the Year

Brothers Osborne, "It Ain't My Fault" -- WINNER

Vocal Duo of the Year

Brothers Osborne -- WINNER



Brothers Osborne, eh? They're in Norwich next week supporting The Cadillac 3 ....
kev

Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 6643
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:55 am

Re: 2017 CMA Awards

Postby Moshe » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:26 pm

kev wrote:
foot-tapper wrote:
Music Video of the Year

Brothers Osborne, "It Ain't My Fault" -- WINNER

Vocal Duo of the Year

Brothers Osborne -- WINNER



Brothers Osborne, eh? They're in Norwich next week supporting The Cadillac 3 ....

I quite like the Brother's Osborne. To me Cadillac 3 are just tedious rehashing of dreary southern rock, which various idiots keep trying to revive. What is worth, listening to electric drills or Cadillac 3? Hard to say
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

User avatar
Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 10076
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: London

Re: 2017 CMA Awards

Postby kev » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:28 pm

Moshe wrote:
kev wrote:
foot-tapper wrote:
Music Video of the Year

Brothers Osborne, "It Ain't My Fault" -- WINNER

Vocal Duo of the Year

Brothers Osborne -- WINNER



Brothers Osborne, eh? They're in Norwich next week supporting The Cadillac 3 ....

I quite like the Brother's Osborne. To me Cadillac 3 are just tedious rehashing of dreary southern rock, which various idiots keep trying to revive. What is worth, listening to electric drills or Cadillac 3? Hard to say


Dunno!
kev

Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 6643
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:55 am

Re: 2017 CMA Awards

Postby Smudger » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:48 pm

foot-tapper wrote: What is worth, listening to electric drills or Cadillac 3? Hard to say

I liked the Electric Drills' last album....................
Smudger

Supreme Member
 
Posts: 2585
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:38 am

Re: 2017 CMA Awards

Postby foot-tapper » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Each to their own but I love a bit of southern rock - much better than the pop country from Nashville at the moment
Happiness is a voyage - not a destination
foot-tapper

Supreme Member
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:38 pm
Location: Suffolk ENGLAND

Re: 2017 CMA Awards

Postby foot-tapper » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

What is the difference between Song of the Year , and Single of the Year Same songs different result ???????

foot-tapper wrote:The 2017 Country Music Association Awards are here!

Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley hosted the 51st annual ceremony, held in Nashville.

Here is the complete list of winners below..

Female Vocalist of the Year
Kelsea Ballerini
Miranda Lambert -- WINNER
Reba McEntire
Maren Morris
Carrie Underwood

Male Vocalist of the Year
Dierks Bentley
Eric Church
Thomas Rhett
Chris Stapleton -- WINNER
Keith Urban

New Artist of the Year
Luke Combs
Old Dominion
Jon Pardi -- WINNER
Brett Young
Lauren Alaina

Music Video of the Year
Little Big Town, "Better Man"
Keith Urban, "Blue Ain't Your Color"
Thomas Rhett feat. Maren Morris, "Craving You"
Miranda Lambert, "Vice"
Brothers Osborne, "It Ain't My Fault" -- WINNER

Vocal Duo of the Year
Dan + Shay
Florida Georgia Line
LOCASH
Maddie & Tae
Brothers Osborne -- WINNER

Entertainer of the Year
Garth Brooks -- WINNER
Luke Bryan
Eric Church
Chris Stapleton
Keith Urban

Single of the Year
“Better Man,” Little Big Town
“Blue Ain’t Your Color,” Keith Urban -- WINNER
“Body Like A Back Road,” Sam Hunt
“Dirt On My Boots,” Jon Pardi
“Tin Man,” Miranda Lambert

Album of the Year
The Breaker, Little Big Town
From A Room: Volume 1, Chris Stapleton -- WINNER
Heart Break, Lady Antebellum
The Nashville Sound, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
The Weight of These Wings, Miranda Lambert

Song of the Year
“Better Man,” Little Big Town -- WINNER
“Blue Ain’t Your Color,” Keith Urban
“Body Like A Back Road,” Sam Hunt
“Dirt On My Boots,” Jon Pardi
“Tin Man,” Miranda Lambert

Vocal Group of the Year

Lady Antebellum
Little Big Town -- WINNER
Old Dominion
Rascal Flatts
Zac Brown Band

Musical Event of the Year
"Craving You," Thomas Rhett feat. Maren Morris
"Funny How Time Slips Away," Glen Campbell with Willie Nelson -- WINNER
"Kill A Word," Eric Church feat. Rhiannon Giddens
"Setting the World on Fire," Kenny Chesney feat. Pink
"Speak to a Girl," Tim McGraw & Faith Hill

Musician of the Year
Jerry Douglas (Dobro)
Paul Franklin (Steel Guitar)
Dann Huff (Guitar)
Mac McAnally (Guitar) -- WINNER
Derek Wells (Guitar)
Happiness is a voyage - not a destination
foot-tapper

Supreme Member
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:38 pm
Location: Suffolk ENGLAND

Re: 2017 CMA Awards

Postby kev » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:49 pm

foot-tapper wrote:What is the difference between Song of the Year , and Single of the Year Same songs different result ???????

foot-tapper wrote:The 2017 Country Music Association Awards are here!

Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley hosted the 51st annual ceremony, held in Nashville.

Here is the complete list of winners below..

Female Vocalist of the Year
Kelsea Ballerini
Miranda Lambert -- WINNER
Reba McEntire
Maren Morris
Carrie Underwood

Male Vocalist of the Year
Dierks Bentley
Eric Church
Thomas Rhett
Chris Stapleton -- WINNER
Keith Urban

New Artist of the Year
Luke Combs
Old Dominion
Jon Pardi -- WINNER
Brett Young
Lauren Alaina

Music Video of the Year
Little Big Town, "Better Man"
Keith Urban, "Blue Ain't Your Color"
Thomas Rhett feat. Maren Morris, "Craving You"
Miranda Lambert, "Vice"
Brothers Osborne, "It Ain't My Fault" -- WINNER

Vocal Duo of the Year
Dan + Shay
Florida Georgia Line
LOCASH
Maddie & Tae
Brothers Osborne -- WINNER

Entertainer of the Year
Garth Brooks -- WINNER
Luke Bryan
Eric Church
Chris Stapleton
Keith Urban

Single of the Year
“Better Man,” Little Big Town
“Blue Ain’t Your Color,” Keith Urban -- WINNER
“Body Like A Back Road,” Sam Hunt
“Dirt On My Boots,” Jon Pardi
“Tin Man,” Miranda Lambert

Album of the Year
The Breaker, Little Big Town
From A Room: Volume 1, Chris Stapleton -- WINNER
Heart Break, Lady Antebellum
The Nashville Sound, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
The Weight of These Wings, Miranda Lambert

Song of the Year
“Better Man,” Little Big Town -- WINNER
“Blue Ain’t Your Color,” Keith Urban
“Body Like A Back Road,” Sam Hunt
“Dirt On My Boots,” Jon Pardi
“Tin Man,” Miranda Lambert

Vocal Group of the Year

Lady Antebellum
Little Big Town -- WINNER
Old Dominion
Rascal Flatts
Zac Brown Band

Musical Event of the Year
"Craving You," Thomas Rhett feat. Maren Morris
"Funny How Time Slips Away," Glen Campbell with Willie Nelson -- WINNER
"Kill A Word," Eric Church feat. Rhiannon Giddens
"Setting the World on Fire," Kenny Chesney feat. Pink
"Speak to a Girl," Tim McGraw & Faith Hill

Musician of the Year
Jerry Douglas (Dobro)
Paul Franklin (Steel Guitar)
Dann Huff (Guitar)
Mac McAnally (Guitar) -- WINNER
Derek Wells (Guitar)


Both crap to my ears!
kev

Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 6643
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:55 am

Re: 2017 CMA Awards

Postby Moshe » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:32 pm

Song of the year is about the song & the award goes to the songwriter. Single of the year reflects the end product, award goes to the performer & producer.

As to Southern Rock & the retro bands trying to revive it, I'd rather listen to hip hop and I don't like hip hop! Back in the day there were some good bands in that genre, such as the Allman Brothers, but overall it was a pecularity of its time. A bit like the Urban Cowboy and Bro country fads.
About a decade back I used to see a southern rock band called Skinny Molly at a blues club in Tooting. The lead singer's speciality was having a pocket iin his trouser leg where he kept one of those small whisky bottles which he would whisk out and drink from during the instrumental breaks. Quite amusing.
But Cadillac 3 are just a turn off to me!
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

User avatar
Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 10076
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: London

Re: 2017 CMA Awards

Postby Moshe » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:40 am

Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

User avatar
Ultimate Member
 
Posts: 10076
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: London


Return to Worldwide Country Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron