Singers who.....

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Singers who.....

Postby Moshe » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:46 pm

There are some performers who make idiots of themselves.
Is it their own ego, showing off or just being daft.
I was a big fan of the music of Crosby Stills & Nash & even more the formation with Young added at the end.

But some years back I went to a concert by Bill Crosby &, I think, Graham Nash,& was just peed off.
The main reason being that the Walrus- otherwise known as bill Crosby- kept nattering on & on, obviously very pleased with himself.
I get that sense of irritation each time I see Bill Crosby in a TV interview. Without exception, each time he is boasting that he took more drugs & snorted more cocaine than anyone else & had sex with more women than anyone else on earth.
Why would women want want to have sex with a walrus? Probably because they'd hadn't too much cocaine & couldn't see him properly.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Re: Singers who.....

Postby livewire » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:23 pm

Bill Crosby is a US comedian I believe
It's David Crosby who was in CSNY.
Amazingly The Phil Mack show came up with some footage a week or so back I'd never seen before with Bonnie Raitt on stage with Crosby & Nash.

When I saw CSN at Royal Albert Hall, David Crosby made a funny remark that people who had paid for choir seats behind the stage had to look at his backside all night..

After Sgt Pepper when I heard "Marrakesh Express" I thought that was best music I'd ever heard and followed American music ever since.
Loved Stephen Stills solos particularly along with Neil Young.

Elton John is one that comes to mind with the ridiculous outfits he used to wear on his US Tours, Donald Duck get ups etc.
I don't think he was dressed to badly in 1974 at Wembley and certainly wasn't in 1991 when he played the most fantastic set on a double bill with Eric Clapton.

The Glam rocks days which I mostly ignored had some pretty weird outfits. Although Agnetha Fältskog's bum caught my attention in her skin tight outfits.
Their costumes were pretty bizarre but doesn't take away that they made some of the best POP music ever.

I was never a Bowie fan either. Gary Glitter...yes, lets not go there!

Madonna wore some pretty silly stuff. Kinda led the trend of selling sex and music which Miley Cyrus, Rhianna and Lady Gaga replicate nowadays.
It's all about getting attention rather than the music.
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:34 am

Ah, yes! David Crosby! I thought Bill didn't sound right
Image Image

CSN&Y had a great sound. "Marrakesh Express" was a good country song. It was revisited in the nineties on the Red Hot & Country project.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby livewire » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:23 am

Moshe wrote:Ah, yes! David Crosby! I thought Bill didn't sound right
CSN&Y had a great sound. "Marrakesh Express" was a good country song. It was revisited in the nineties on the Red Hot & Country project.

It was "Teach Your Children" with Kathy Mattea, Suzy Bogguss and a host of others joining CSNY on Kathy Mattea's Aids project.
One of the first discoveries on Willie Morgan's Red Hot & Country Show which ran for 18 glorious months before it shut down and he headed off to Ritz in Wembley, London.
I never considered myself a country fan listening to CSNY, POCO, The Eagles, Doobie Brothers. Nowadays they get mentioned in country circles.

Lady Antebellum and Little Big Town also put a country twist on Fleetwood Mac

Will Lexington's Rock 'n' Roll fantasy (?)
Please Visit - http://countryroutesnews.blogspot.com - Country Music News, UK Tours Dates, Album Releases, Press Releases, Billboard Chart News
livewire

Supreme Member

Return to General Topics