Help wanted please

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Help wanted please

Postby Smudger » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:25 am

Hi - as a newbie to this forum (and forums in general), I'd like to know how to display a link to a website, and also to display a piece of text with "XXXXX wrote" above it. I've tried playing with the Quote and URL buttons but I'm still having problems. Your help would be much appreciated!
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby lo&m » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi Smudger, when posting a link, I usually just copy and paste. For instance, if I was posting a youtube link, I would highlight the URL of the youtube page in question, then paste it in the reply box. (remembering to leave a space after the last character). Like this ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GcVnhNj ... re=related

To quote someone. Above each post is a quote button. Click on that and a reply box opens with that post quoted. Like this ...
Smudger wrote:Hi - as a newbie to this forum (and forums in general), I'd like to know how to display a link to a website, and also to display a piece of text with "XXXXX wrote" above it. I've tried playing with the Quote and URL buttons but I'm still having problems. Your help would be much appreciated!

This is a help when replying to a post in a thread that several people have posted in. It shows which particular comment you're replying to. Please remember one thing. You dont have to quote the whole post. You can delete the part of a post you dont need. Especially if it's a long post that you're quoting. Like this ...
Smudger wrote:and also to display a piece of text with "XXXXX wrote" above it. I've tried playing with the Quote and URL buttons but I'm still having problems.

If you dont need the identifier, Click on the quote button above the reply box and this will appear
. copy and paste the section you want and click the quote* button. This will appear [/quote ]. Then just click on submit. Like this ...
Please remember one thing. You dont have to quote the whole post. You can delete the part of a post you dont need. Especially if it's a long post that you're quoting.

Anything else, please dont hesitate to ask.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby Smudger » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:51 am

Done it - thanks a lot!
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:03 pm

lonesome on'ry & mean wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GcVnhNjWV0&feature=related

:lol: Bet you didn't pick that youtube link at random!!
kev

Ultimate Member

Return to Technical discussions