Line 6 Bass Pod

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Line 6 Bass Pod

Postby The Hitman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:54 pm

Anyone have experience of these? I'd like to try and get something approaching an Ampeg "crunch" out of my Mark Bass amp, which is very clean.

I bought a Sansamp unit a while back but I'm not that impressed with it... :cry:
The Hitman

Postby tim73 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:09 pm

I've got a Floor Pod. They are nice bits of kit but to be fair I never use mine. I use all Ampeg gear now so get my tone that way. Line 6 do some nice kit though. I tend to find about 95% of the settings don't get touched but they usually have a few decent settings
Born in the 70s & in my mind, still living there now!
tim73

Postby John Stannard » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:13 pm

Not sure how much 'crunch' you want but more or less my only 'go to' pedal is an MXR micro amp, they chuck out enough gain to push a Twin Reverb into O/D so reckon that might be worth a look, I usually only use it to push the front end of the amp and add a little 'hair' to my clean tone if i'm not happy with the amp I have been given.
Don't wind it up so far and you get a real punchy clean boost and no tone pots to 'suck' your tone either.
I use a PodII for tons of recording and reckon it might be a bit much if you just want to add a little 'crunch', if they are as good as the others in the Pod line it's always worth a look though.

John Stannard

Supreme Member

Postby The Hitman » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:31 pm

thanks, guys. i'll check these out. i should just go and buy an ampeg, though!
The Hitman

Postby John Stannard » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:29 pm

The Hitman wrote:thanks, guys. i'll check these out. i should just go and buy an ampeg, though!

No no no no no no no !! ... NO !!
God would see through such a cheap trick, as a muso it's your destiny to waste the equivalent of a small African countries gold reserves into ever more expensive 'boooteek' equipment searching for that tone until finally .... as a broken man you then decide "I'll just get the Ampeg !!"

............ or is it just me ?
John Stannard

Supreme Member

Postby The Hitman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:12 am

I've found the most dangerous thing is going on eBay when you've had a few beers. Which is how I found myself driving a Transit to Skegness to pick up a dog-house bass complete with flightcase the size of a small bungalow.

Managed to pick up a nice John Deere trucker cap at a tractor showroom Somewhere In Lincolnshire, though. Best part of the trip, to be honest. :roll:
The Hitman

Postby Dixie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:28 am

:lol:

But can you get that Ampeg crunch out of it :wink:
Neil
Dixie

Postby John Stannard » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:57 am

You could always put it to good use ................

John Stannard

Supreme Member

Return to Technical discussions