Whats your favourite dance at the moment?

This is the place for all you dancers to discuss dances and dance venues

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Postby elma robertson on Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:43 pm
IP:

Sea Salt Sally is a very popular dance. If you like the music but find the dance a bit hard,try the dance My Girl Sally by Audrey Watson great floor split.
elma robertson
Newbie Member

Postby Hot Tamales on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:21 pm
IP:

my favourite dance at the moment is Walk with Me, to Would you go with me by Josh Turner. Fantastic music and steps.
L J Craig
Hot Tamales

Postby nickyjo on Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:44 pm
IP:

mm no comment on the above and some will know why.

Sorry not many dances hitting the spot for me just now - they're all pretty boring or over fiddly for no aparent reason.
The old floor fillers were simple, effective and fun and when danced with a good live band to whatever music came on (which is half the fun) made the whole hobby quite exhilarating.

I am however quite enjoying Eagles Rock for the time being :-) which seems to be quite verstile but still boring in terms of steps.
nickyjo
Supreme Member

Postby Hot Tamales on Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:53 am
IP:

why?
L J Craig
Hot Tamales

Postby nickyjo on Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:50 am
IP:

I'm not going into it and will keep my opinions to myself on this, thanks
nickyjo
Supreme Member

Postby Irene T on Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:20 am
IP:

Very recently asked to run a class oop 'ere in upper Weardale and every dance is what I term the classics till now the bulk have reached the dizzy heights of mastering ( to a vast variety of music for each dance) Rock AT Clock, Lamtara R, Country 2 step, Tempted, et all
A few of the younger end have picked up really fast and on Tues night hit them with Cowboy Up! They loved it, mind I was k.....d after 3 times through plus counting over, but my point

Almost all the older dances still fill floors. The variety was there for all levels from basics like Cheyanne to Cowboy Up etc
And def teaching this new class proves the dancers have absolutely no idea what song goes with each dance, so it's now almost set in stone that they recognise a dance and tempo , and not a song
And are loving the music and a bop and even after jsut a few months over half don't need a dedicated song, but can fit their small rep to any track -hopefully helping banish ld acts forever!
Irene T
Supreme Member

Postby Irene T on Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:24 am
IP:

nickyjo wrote:mm no comment on the above and some will know why.

Sorry not many dances hitting the spot for me just now - they're all pretty boring or over fiddly for no aparent reason.
The old floor fillers were simple, effective and fun and when danced with a good live band to whatever music came on (which is half the fun) made the whole hobby quite exhilarating.

I am however quite enjoying Eagles Rock for the time being :-) which seems to be quite verstile but still boring in terms of steps.

p.s We're a liking E/Rock way better to Dixie Chix Let Er Rip - really cranks it up, especially as pretty boring to original scripted E's song
Irene T
Supreme Member

Postby nickyjo on Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:41 pm
IP:

nah sick of that one now to -- anyone tried 'High Time' - really good to rocky tunes!

Haven't been to a dance class since the great north fest - to be honest I'm right off dancing jsut now - maybe Dave will inspire me at Skipton!
nickyjo
Supreme Member

Postby CaroleC on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:46 pm
IP:

[quote="nickyjo"]Sorry not many dances hitting the spot for me just now - they're all pretty boring or over fiddly for no aparent reason.

Couldn't agree more. I know quite a few people who, like myself are right off dancing just now. Strange isn't it?

See you at Skipton for a Swing It. :D
Carole
CaroleC

Postby Irene T on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:06 am
IP:

I ''walk through'' a few dances apparantly popular dances each month and they're almost always ab boring.
I honestly feel that alot of instructors teach what's in their ability, hence getting an often turn around of very easy (if danced for a while), repetative dances

Have always said, quality, not quantity.

Oh and afew of all-time fave dances that still do loads of time's we;re out -Cowboy Up!
Swing It (CU on the floor Carole)
Jukebox
Crazy Little Thing
Message In A Bottle
Stroll
Irene T
Supreme Member

Previous

Return to Linedance and Western Dance section