Wow !! -- when will this catch on in the UK ?

This is the place for all you dancers to discuss dances and dance venues

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Wow !! -- when will this catch on in the UK ?

Postby John Stannard » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:54 am

Wow !!, wonder when we will be seeing this in some hall over here ?

It's the new Line Dancing craze sweeping across Europe at the moment !!, the great thing is they are playing their own instruments thus providing their own backing tracks and not just relying on someone elses !!

Have a look > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgIRFINLjc0
John Stannard
Supreme Member

Postby ROGER HUMPHRIES » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:35 am

That's just brilliant.

Trust the Swiss to lead the way with something like this ....... mind you, due in no small part to the Swiss adopting a policy of neurality for so long, being land-locked & refusing despite all of this to become EU members, they obviously have more time on their hands & disposible income than the rest of Europe to enable them to devote so much time, effort & expense in developing something like this here. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I was wondering if in cmc's in Switzerland, instead of having shoot-outs with immitation colt 45's and doing "The Trilogy", that they have their own thing like this adaptation of linedancing such as shooting apples off kiddies heads, and going through some ritual with flags & stuff whilst "The William Tell Overture" is being played? :) :) :)

Still at least by making their own backing, they can actually have more say in how many beats to the minute they require in order to do their "linedancing". :P :P :P
ROGER HUMPHRIES

Postby ROGER HUMPHRIES » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 am

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I meant to say NEUTRALITY not neurality .........
ROGER HUMPHRIES

Postby John Stannard » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:58 am

I heard they don't carry .45's but have cross bows tied to their legs !, it's a big problem in the shoot out's because there's nowhere to put a cap like our gunfighters so they use real crossbow bolts !!, there have been several ugly accidents.
They use 'western' names but they come from the western cantons of Switzerland, Horst, Gunther and Walther, that sort of thing instead of 'Alamo' or 'Sheriff numbnuts' or whatever.
Of course, because of their 'neutrality' the idea of a shoot out between two opposing sides doesn't come naturally I supose.
Would be great to see our line dance acts producing their own music though wouldn't it ?? ............ naaaaaaaaah, can't see that happening !

Hirschen Hotel ?
John Stannard
Supreme Member

Postby ROGER HUMPHRIES » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:20 am

John

Of course linedancers won't ever produce their own music simply because for starters, I don't believe that music has first priority with the majority of them & secondly, they're far too busy looking at their feet and concentrating on keeping their thumbs wedged firmly in their pockets to do much else, particularly having a smile on their faces. Its far too much "multi-tasking" for the majority of those I've seen. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Getting back to the Swiss though for a second ....... that's before we hear "CUCKOO" ....... :roll: :roll: :roll: they could always augment the drums with a battalion of Alpen Horn players & have competitions for how many useless gadgets they can get incorporated in a Swiss Army Knife after the raffle has been drawn at their local cmc.

Ahhhhhhhhh The Hirschen Hotel, Zurich ....... now we are talking fun & real country music, performed completely live & no linedancing. Happy days, now sadly gone forever I'm told.
ROGER HUMPHRIES

Postby brian ahern » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:25 am

John they do already, or have you not heard yet. They take their own bag of CDs for the DJ to play. Along with the note telling the band what they want to dance to.
Heard say that the dancers think original country music is a band who dos'nt use backing tracks.
Brian.
brian ahern
Supreme Member

Postby John Stannard » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:32 am

Roger, the Hirshen has re-opened with a new family at the helm, I think the music side of it is gone forever though > http://www.hirschen-zuerich.ch/
I wonder if the ghost of Rolf the night porters *rse still bangs against the door opposite the top of the stairs ! ??

brian, doncha just love 'em ?
John Stannard
Supreme Member

Postby ROGER HUMPHRIES » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:52 am

Yeah John I remember Rolf ...... he was like "LURCH" in the Addams Family.

We used to have to sneak in late at night laden with "Pepito's" ...... those really tasty "Steak In A Roll" things you could buy just up the street from the gig.
ROGER HUMPHRIES

Postby John Stannard » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 pm

............... and I remember getting f*****g arrested sitting outside the front of that place with my 'Pepito' in my hand ! (ooooo missus).
John Stannard
Supreme Member

Postby ROGER HUMPHRIES » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:38 pm

John

Was it perhaps because you told the policeman that night that there are (allegedly) more Nazi's living in Switzerland than there ever were in "Das Fatherland" just over the border? :roll: :roll: :roll:
ROGER HUMPHRIES

Postby lo&m » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:42 pm

That's some amazingly mad skillz those guys have got. I kept watching it all the way through just to see what they were going to do next.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Return to Linedance and Western Dance section