line dance called "downright dirty"

This is the place for all you dancers to discuss dances and dance venues

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

line dance called "downright dirty"

Postby baldeagle2710 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:06 pm
IP:

Has anyone out there the step sheet for downright dirty danced to the tune ghostriders in the sky just cannot find it anywhere :?:
baldeagle2710
Newbie Member

Postby wildrose on Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:02 am
IP:

sounds like an oldie I will ask around for you
Wildrose Web Site (Copper Kettle & Broken Spoke Festival on this site)

Please note: site may be slow loading up
wildrose
Ultimate Member

Postby Alex Evans on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:41 am
IP:

Try Kickit I usually find what I want on there.

http://www.kickit.to/ld/Search.html
Alex Evans

thanks

Postby baldeagle2710 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm
IP:

wildrose wrote:sounds like an oldie I will ask around for you

Thanks for your help
baldeagle2710
Newbie Member

Postby lo&m on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:59 pm
IP:

Moved it here for you. To help you get a result.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Thanks

Postby baldeagle2710 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:59 pm
IP:

Alex Evans wrote:Try Kickit I usually find what I want on there.

http://www.kickit.to/ld/Search.html

Thanks for your reply,tried the link but unfortunately nothing there,still the link will come in handy for future reference
baldeagle2710
Newbie Member

Postby wildrose on Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:01 pm
IP:

are you sure it is a line dance I am coming up with what I thought it was -- a partner dance called down & dirty.

Thank you Lonesome - not with it at the moment hubby had eye op yesterday and eldest daugter admitted after a fall from horse, it never rains but what it pours.

wildrose
Ultimate Member

down right dirty

Postby baldeagle2710 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:53 pm
IP:

wildrose wrote:are you sure it is a line dance I am coming up with what I thought it was -- a partner dance called down & dirty.

Thank you Lonesome - not with it at the moment hubby had eye op yesterday and eldest daugter admitted after a fall from horse, it never rains but what it pours.

I saw it done at the great north and then at wattlehurst farm in Surrey a short time ago I asked what it was called and they told me, it is similar to wild stallion but it has a large step forward and then a lassoo movement for two beats and then step together and then another step forward and you do two hip thrusts but I cannot remember the steps in between,thats the trouble when your brain stops working :) Do hope the family situation improves very soon[/quote]
baldeagle2710
Newbie Member

Postby Alex Evans on Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:39 am
IP:

It sounds like the old dance every does to Ghost Riders. Again it's that old of a beginners dance (I was doing it back in the very early 90's) it wouldn't surprise me if each region had their own name for it. Sometimes you used to find the same dance done only a couple of miles apart with entirely different names.

These are the steps:

Steps 1-4 Right Grapevine with 3/4 turn on last step keeping left foot off floor
Steps 5-8 Walk forward L-R-L kick R
Steps 9-14 Step back on Right foot, hold for one count, lassoo movement for two counts, keep weight on R ft step L ft next to R, hold for one count.
Steps 15 -20 Step Forward on L ft, hold for one count, hip thrusts for two counts, keep weight on L ft, step R ft next L, hold for one count.
Start again.

Closest I can find to it on Kickit is Dirty Slide
http://www.kickit.to/ld/List.html?json= ... =1&n=10933
but steps 9-12 on there don't make sense. If you omit them then you basically have the dance I have described above albeit the timing a little different and a different starting place, but that's not unusual with the step sheets for a lot of the older dances. I have to admit though I've never heard it called Dirty Slide.

The only one I remember doing called 'Down & Dirty' was this one ( http://www.kickit.to/ld/List.html?json= ... =1&n=11979 ) and we used Clarence Carter's 'Strokin' - not many clubs use it these days.
Alex Evans

Postby wildrose on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:36 am
IP:

Yes you have it, we used to do it to Ghost Riders back in the 80's - gosh I am old lol

wildrose
Ultimate Member

Postby lo&m on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:31 pm
IP:

Excuse me for butting in but my best wishes for a speedy recovery to wildrose's family.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Postby wildrose on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:44 pm
IP:

Thank you, Roger in improving greatly his eye is a lot better today thank goodness as for Miki she has fractured her Pubic Bone and is in a lot of pain.

wildrose
Ultimate Member

downright dirty

Postby baldeagle2710 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:27 pm
IP:

Alex Evans wrote:It sounds like the old dance every does to Ghost Riders. Again it's that old of a beginners dance (I was doing it back in the very early 90's) it wouldn't surprise me if each region had their own name for it. Sometimes you used to find the same dance done only a couple of miles apart with entirely different names.

These are the steps:

Steps 1-4 Right Grapevine with 3/4 turn on last step keeping left foot off floor
Steps 5-8 Walk forward L-R-L kick R
Steps 9-14 Step back on Right foot, hold for one count, lassoo movement for two counts, keep weight on R ft step L ft next to R, hold for one count.
Steps 15 -20 Step Forward on L ft, hold for one count, hip thrusts for two counts, keep weight on L ft, step R ft next L, hold for one count.
Start again.

Closest I can find to it on Kickit is Dirty Slide
http://www.kickit.to/ld/List.html?json= ... =1&n=10933
but steps 9-12 on there don't make sense. If you omit them then you basically have the dance I have described above albeit the timing a little different and a different starting place, but that's not unusual with the step sheets for a lot of the older dances. I have to admit though I've never heard it called Dirty Slide.

The only one I remember doing called 'Down & Dirty' was this one ( http://www.kickit.to/ld/List.html?json= ... =1&n=11979 ) and we used Clarence Carter's 'Strokin' - not many clubs use it these days.
Just got back from the Brean Festival thanks for your reply it certainly looks like the one I was looking for Thanks once again
baldeagle2710
Newbie Member

Return to Linedance and Western Dance section