Kentucky Holly

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Kentucky Holly

Postby KentuckyHolly » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi ya'll!

I just dipped my toes into this website for the first time so I guess you'd call me a newbie. I thought I'd write and introduce myself and my band, Kentucky Holly, which is made up of myself (yes, I'm Holly) and my husband, Josh. I'm from Louisville, Kentucky and my husband is from Staffordshire, both settled now happily in Ironbridge, Shropshire. We had our first performance last year and are regularly performers at local pub sessions, and are really interested in gigging in 2014 and future years.

Our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KentuckyHolly?fref=ts gives you some basic info about us and has a few videos. Please keep in mind the videos are from our first gig so I was nervous as all-get-out, and it was a blues gig so had to focus more on that genre. As my Kentucky accent is suited for country-western and bluegrass and as it's the old school country music and bluegrass that has flowed through my veins since I was born, this is the direction I'm going and I'm not stopping! Josh, who's been playing since he was 10, is on totally loving the music from my homeland and is a great picker! I'm on vocals, and I'm also in early-days of learning rhythm guitar. I played the piano growing up and sang every chance I could get, mostly in church and school choirs.

My country influences are Johnny, Dolly, Hank, the Carter Family, Merle, Kenny, Buck, Patsy, Bill (Monroe), Eddy Arnold and so many more.

Anyway, it's nice to make your acquaintance and I appreciate you taking the time to read this. Thank you!
"What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away in the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt"
KentuckyHolly

Re: Kentucky Holly

Postby lo&m » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:27 pm

I liked Further On Up the Road. I came to that song via johnny Cash too.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Re: Kentucky Holly

Postby KentuckyHolly » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:11 am

Thank you lo&m! :D
"What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away in the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt"
KentuckyHolly