Musicians WANTED for ESSEX based country band.

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Musicians WANTED for ESSEX based country band.

Postby HillbillyJack » Thu May 08, 2014 11:27 am

I am looking for musicians to form a country band based in Essex (and/or surrounding areas).
Having finally managing to put my first band together and working hard on a set list we were just starting to talk gigs and recording when several people left for various reasons. Therefore I am back where I started.
I am mainly based in older country (Bakersfield of Buck Owens/Merle Haggard / Honky Tonk of Lefty Frizzell etc / Cash/Waylon etc) but maybe with a little hint of Rock'n'Roll. Basically if you are familiar with Marty Stuart's last couple of albums then this is pretty close to what I'm looking to do.

We had been rehearsing in Kelvedon (Essex CO5) but as a lot of potential musicians appear to be in the London area this could change. There is a studio in Thornwood, Essex (CM17) that looks to be ideally located and could work.

Looking for Drums, Bass, Guitarist to share lead/rhythm with me and possibly pedal steel. If you play any of these or something else and think this sounds like something you might be interested in then give me a shout and we'll see what we can come up with.

By the way; I have just had my 40th birthday so if you are a similar age great but if you're 20 or 70 then you are just as welcome, the most important thing is the love of the music.

Jack
jack@hillbillycentral.co.uk
HillbillyJack

Newbie Member

Return to Artists and Bands