club bookings

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

club bookings

Postby Juke831 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:20 pm

Can anyone tell me of any northern clubs that book there own acts please. I'm interested to know how many there are. Iftheres one near you please let me know.
Juke831

Re: club bookings

Postby Marshal » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Hi Juke, Hope this info might be of some use to you, on the second friday of each month (with some variation occasionally) there is a country music night at the Escrick and Deighton club. The chap in charge of bookings is TERRY but I don't know his contact details, however I'm sure the club will tell you how to contact him. The club telephone number is 01904 728481. Terry also runs a country music night somewhere in York and also runs special weekend events now and then. I haven't been to any of his e\vents other than the Escrick one which I attend regularly as it's a country music listening night with no dancing generally. Another connection for you is a crew called Sam and Dance, they do lots of events including a monthly friday night at Drax Social Club. They have recently organised the Drax Festival which unfortunately I missed this year due to illness. Their leader is Nigel, known on this forum as Confederate Country - a good way to get in touch with him is maybe a PM on this site. Nigel also DJ's at another local Country Music event at Thorpe Willoughby on Saturday nights once a month, he would give you details of that if necessary. I'm not sure if you are just wanting to visit or if you are interested in performing, but both Terry and Nigel are the folk to contact. Another very good venue but further across in the York area is a Saturday monthly event at Gate Helmsley Village Hall run by Dave and Vicky, Dave is on this forum as LONE WOLF - again a PM would maybe get you the info you're looking for. Good Luck.
God made all men........ Samuel Colt made them equal.
Marshal

Postby Juke831 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:12 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. I was starting to think no one would respond. Your information is invaluable to me as a performer who's been away from the scene for a while. I do prefer the listening venues myself but don't mind playing the dancing venues providing they dance to what I or the band play. Performers are not juke boxes and there fore will put there own bent/lilt to a song. Once again very greatful. If you would like a free CD please send me a private message with your Details. CD to be released end of July.
Regards
KR.
Juke831

Postby DaveB » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi Juke,
Are you still looking for venues to play in?
DaveB

Newbie Member

Postby Juke831 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Yes I am still looking for venues for solo artists but I am a true player and don't use backing tracks. Hope this is of use.
Juke831

Return to Artists and Bands