any one remember cliff whelan

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

any one remember cliff whelan

Postby nog » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:19 pm

i hope i have spelt his name correctly, but he was my mums all time fav singer and i understand he is back touring again?

would love to find out where so i can surprise my mum.

must be oooo 8 yrs plus since he last played???
lets set sail with captain morgan.... oh and never leave dry land.............
nog

Cliff Whelan

Postby Lonesome Stu » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:20 pm

Yes, I do rememember Cliff and he was a great favourite of my Mums too, such a wonderful manner and style of song delivery.
Saw him lots of times in Yorkshire ten to twelve years ago but have heard nothing since, even got his contact number (since lost) from a guy he used to play for and tried to get in touch when we visited the West Country on holiday, but nothing came of it.
Good luck in your search, could you possibly get in touch if you find out anything?

Take care

Lonesome Stu
Lonesome Stu

Newbie Member

Postby Thunderbird » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:57 am

I saw Cliff this August at Jim Silverthron's fan fare. He was superb. Just him and a guitar I don't know who will book him now a days .
Contact Jim on 011789671067 he might be able to give you accontact number.
Thunderbird

Postby Lonesome Stu » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:52 pm

Hi Thunderbird, Thanks for the information, I'll give the number a try.
Lonesome Stu

Newbie Member

Postby nog » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:27 pm

if just found out hes doing some gigs with hoppy horton, and a friend is asking hoppy to get in contact with him and get some dates!
will keep you informed!
lets set sail with captain morgan.... oh and never leave dry land.............
nog

Re: Cliff Whelan

Postby audidave » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:45 am

Lonesome Stu wrote:Yes, I do rememember Cliff and he was a great favourite of my Mums too, such a wonderful manner and style of song delivery.
Saw him lots of times in Yorkshire ten to twelve years ago but have heard nothing since, even got his contact number (since lost) from a guy he used to play for and tried to get in touch when we visited the West Country on holiday, but nothing came of it.
Good luck in your search, could you possibly get in touch if you find out anything?

Take care

Lonesome Stu

Cliff is living with his wife Jeannie in Axminster.He used to live in the Batley area near to Ray Stone.(He then hired a van which I drove for him) and moved to Axminster in Devon .We have just had a Christmas card from him.He must be about 72 now,as he is older than me.Cliffs mate,Ray Stone moved to Teneriffe about 12 years ago,and,sadly died there about 2008 aged 59.His wife Debbie has remarried and is living in York.
Audidave.Leeds
audidave

Newbie Member

Return to Artists and Bands