Nickel Dreams by Tanya Tucker & Patsi Bale Cox

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Nickel Dreams by Tanya Tucker & Patsi Bale Cox

Postby Moshe » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:23 pm

This autobiography by Tanya Tucker came out in 1997, but I only got to read it this year. And a worth wile, entertaining read it is.
Country Music's original wild child, Tucker is known for her countless affairs & two children born out of wedlock. Tucker makes no excuses and doesn't see the need to get married just to meet other's approval.
In this fascinating ride on the wild side of life, Tanya recalls her childhood and her singing career, from those early desperate trips to Nashville with her dad to try to get a deal to her chart hits & the ups & downs of country music stardom.
Tanya's early, abusive relationship with Glen Campbell put her off getting too deep in her future relationships, but she was always a sucker for a handsome face & a fit male body. Tucker writes frankly about the ups & downs of her romantic life, her two children, and the ups and downs of a career in country music over the decades.
An interesting read, welcome for Tucker's frankness, and it gives a bit of an insight into the country music world in the second half of the last century.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Re: Nickel Dreams by Tanya Tucker & Patsi Bale Cox

Postby Smudger » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Yes it is a good read. I got my copy signed by Tanya in a bookstore in the US. Nice girl!
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby Moshe » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Smudger wrote:Yes it is a good read. I got my copy signed by Tanya in a bookstore in the US. Nice girl!

Cool! Not sure if she's played the UK & likely to do so in the future? Come to that, is she still touring?
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby Smudger » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:01 pm

Moshe wrote:
Smudger wrote:Yes it is a good read. I got my copy signed by Tanya in a bookstore in the US. Nice girl!

Cool! Not sure if she's played the UK & likely to do so in the future? Come to that, is she still touring?

Haven't heard anything about her for a long time. At the book-signing I asked her when she was going to come to the UK and all she said was "Oh I'd really love to!"
Still waiting.......
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby kev » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Moshe wrote:

Saw her at the Marty Stuart late jam in 2009. Nothing exceptional sadly!
kev

Ultimate Member

Return to Book Reviews