Otis Gibbs In Hampshire

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Otis Gibbs In Hampshire

Postby KenB » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:17 pm

The "Real Deal" in American folk, Mr Otis Gibbs, is returning to Hampshire in February 2013, and will be playing in the awsome historic surrounds of The Square Tower in Old Portsmouth.

Otis Gibbs is a man in search of an honest experience. Gibbs is often referred to as a folk artist, but that is a simplistic way to describe a man who has planted 7,000 trees, slept in hobo jungles, walked with nomadic shepherds in Romania, was a 5th grade Yo-Yo champion and once wrestled a bear (and lost!).

Otis has played countless theatres, festivals, bars and house concerts, and has managed to carve out a living, while remaining happily independent. Much of his work concentrates on the world ignored by pop culture. Sometime forgotten, obsolete or simply marginalised, it is a world that doesn’t fit into a 20 second sound bite or talking point.

Otis has spent the last 15 years travelling around America and abroad, documenting this world and has a story to share about each stop along the way.

“This bearded idealist from Indiana is the Real Deal: gritty, angry and concerned”. (The Times)

“This album puts Otis Gibbs into the same class as Dylan, but with an openness in his songs that few, if any, can match”. (Maverick)

Tickets are only £10 in advance, and can be purchased securely online at: http://www.wegottickets.com/event/179524 or from http://www.squarerootspromotions.co.uk

There is plenty of free parking after 6pm - Doors Open 7.15pm.

Be great to see some of you there :)

Ken x
KenB

Newbie Member

Re: Otis Gibbs In Hampshire

Postby utahcountrydance143 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:09 pm

Otis Gibbs In Hampshire,The every night with Hampshire a band may sound pretty straightforward, but it can actually be one of the most frustrating parts for camping is available online or by phone many people.main most important thing are that you can do is be ready. it personally metter you are a good guitar player, drummer, vocalist, bassist .I'm outgoing and will get up & sing with anyone anywhere.
Regards:-
utahcountrydance143

Newbie Member

Postby CJ » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:23 pm

[quote="utahcountrydance143"]Otis Gibbs In Hampshire,The every night with Hampshire a band may sound pretty straightforward, but it can actually be one of the most frustrating parts for camping is available online or by phone many people.main most important thing are that you can do is be ready. it personally metter you are a good guitar player, drummer, vocalist, bassist .I'm outgoing and will get up & sing with anyone anywhere.
Regards:-

Can somebody translate for me please?
CJ

Supreme Member

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:07 pm

CJ wrote:Can somebody translate for me please?

I wish !!
Waylon Jennings.
" Don't take credit for what's written in the stars,
....... and don't apologise for who you are "
Space Cowboy

Supreme Member

Postby lo&m » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:04 pm

FAO utahcountrydance143:
We have a rule. No advertising unless it is country music related. Your post has been edited to remove your ad.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Return to Country Clubs and Venues