[My Review] Patsy Cline 50th Anniversary Tour

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

[My Review] Patsy Cline 50th Anniversary Tour

Postby paulwuk » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:47 am

I went to see the Patsy Cline 50th Anniversary Tour on 6th April 2013 featuring the talented Sandy Kelly ‘Ireland’s Queen Of Country Music’ and George Hamilton IV, one of Patsy’s closest friends.

I have to admit it did say 'An evening of song, laughter and legendary stories' and they were right :) what an amazing brilliant tour, it was brilliantly put together showing how much Patsy Cline was a legend in country music the stories where amazing also!
From start to finish the whole tour was just fantastic, you couldn't help singing along and also foot-tapping (< even to the slow ballad songs).
The crowed participation was brilliant also, couldn't fault it at all.

Sandy Kelly is one amazing singer it baffles me why Sandy herself hasn't become a big mega country singer herself because she has one powerful voice (< sounds exactly like Patsy), Sandy even looked like Patsy obviously Sandy has put alot of work into being a brilliant fantastic tribute act couldn't fault anything at all, honestly! I even got my picture taken with Sandy.

Now... George Hamilton IV to be honest i never really knew who he was until he told his stories (etc) as-well, i am now a Fan to be honest George's song "Abilene" is my favorite song :D . George is a real gentleman who i actually have respect for because of his life and stories (etc). I even got my picture taken with George after the concert, he even signed my programme :D :)

I will say if you can and if it's still touring honestly seriously go and see the tour, you will diffidently not be disappointed at all, even if you are not a fan of Patsy Cline i would still even recommend going because it's a brilliant night full of laughter and stories about country music as-well. I would say if you go and do not enjoy it, you ain't really a country music fan to be honest because it's just an amazing tour i am so glad happy i went :)
paulwuk

Re: [My Review] Patsy Cline 50th Anniversary Tour

Postby Smudger » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Sounds like you had a great time!I remember seeing Sandy Kelly and George Hamilton IV in "Patsy Cline - The Musical" way back in the early 90s. I agree, Sandy's got a good voice and does the Patsy Cline tribute stuff very well.
Smudger

Supreme Member

Re: [My Review] Patsy Cline 50th Anniversary Tour

Postby Moshe » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:58 am

I probably saw the show at about the same time, smudger. A pretty good show.

For anyone wanting to know more about Patsy cline & the country music scene of the Fifties & early Sixties i would highly recomend readin: "Honky tonk angel- the intimate story of Patsy Cline" by ellis Nassour. (Virgin)
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Return to Country Clubs and Venues