UK country music gigs

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

UK country music gigs

Postby Pazz » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:00 pm

Can anybody direct me to a place where I can find out about all the local country music gigs, festivals and shows around the UK? I am particularly interested in gigs in Wales (especially South Wales) but can stretch out to west/mid wales, Bristol or the West country. I need to find a place that is updated regularly

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Craig
Pazz

Re: UK country music gigs

Postby camsgrandad » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:58 pm

You might try buying a magazine such as Cross Country, or Up Country. They have gig guides every month.
camsgrandad

Postby Pazz » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:35 pm

Thanks camsgrandad that will probably be a very good idea. I've always tried to find info online but I presume magazines are still a good resource for news and info even with the developments of modern technology
Pazz

Postby Pazz » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:22 am

Quick update on this post - I have been buying UpCountry, Cross Country and Country Music People for the last few months. I have to say despite modern technology with information at our fingertips I have thoroughly enjoyed having these magazines and I have enjoyed. learnt and discovered a lot more on country music by reading these than I would have by surfing various different websites online. The only magazine I have not signed up for is Maverick but this is only basically down to cost. Some good sections and writers in all the magazines. The only part that doesn't interest me are the dances section but I appreciate they need to cater for everyone's country tastes.
Pazz

Postby lo&m » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:27 pm

As you will know by now, Cross Country is good for keeping up with Brit country and CMP is a good all-rounder. As regards Maverick, I find that they cover much the same ground as CMP. Not surprising as they both tend to feature US acts that are touring or who have a major release here. I'd suggest you don't need both mags, of course, whether you want both is a matter for you alone. I'm not disparaging Maverick here. In fact, I take Mav but not CMP for that exact reason.
One thing Mav has that CMP does not is a covermount CD. The tracks are all taken from albums reviewed that month so you can listen to an artist as well as read the review. A good idea but not in itself a reason to choose one over the other.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Return to Country Clubs and Venues