The South Will Rise Again Festival

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

The South Will Rise Again Festival

Postby bobdixon » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:08 pm

To any artistes or bands that played at the South Will Rise Again festival last month.....I suggest that you contact your bank regarding your cheque payment, because ours has bounced, along with two other acts that I know of.The organiser is not responding to telephone calls. I was warned that this might happen, and chose to honour our engagement, as did other acts, and this is the end result.
I would be interested to hear from anyone else in this situation.
Bob Dixon
KALIBRE
Bob Dixon
bobdixon

Newbie Member

Postby eddie » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:15 pm

there was a rumor going round last year that some acts weren't paid looks like its happened again :shock:
eddie

Postby urbangirluk » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:13 pm

That's awful! I hope you get your money.
urbangirluk

Postby lisa livett » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:45 pm

That is disgusting people pay a lot of money hard earned money to see these good bands play and work very hard themselves

Im sorry this happened

Just a quick one just wondered if any of kalibre have my space profiles i know dale has but he obviosly does not use it as i have been waiting a couple of months to add me as a freind? :(
lisa livett

Newbie Member

Postby JUDY SINGLETON » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:54 pm

yes it is Lisa, band get a raw deal as it is my club pays cash not question :D
JUDY SINGLETON

Postby bobdixon » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:35 am

As I suspected, none of the bands that performed at the South Will Rise Again festival have been paid, and all were issued with dud cheques.It is my opinion that Justin Cook ( the organizer) knew of the problem before the cheques were issued.He has disappeared and cannot be found.One artist contacted Southern Country Magazine to put an article in next months issue about this subject, and recieved an e-mail reply saying "you have only lost a days wages, Justin and Sharon have lost everything"
I assume that they have been paid for all the full colour adverts for the festival that were on the back page of every issue,and do not consider it important the fact that the bands were decieved and used in a most underhand way. If this is the attitude of what should be an impartial magazine, then I for one will have no further dealings with them.
It is most unusual for this kind of thing to happen within the British Country Music circuit, but has left many bands and artistes well out of pocket, especially Texas Gun, who provided the excellent sound crew,not to mention the bands that came from the USA and Europe, who surely would have gone home with bad opinions of our festival circuit.What about the people who paid deposits for next years non event? Will they see their money returned I wonder?
Bob Dixon
bobdixon

Newbie Member

Postby wildrose » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:21 am

Hi Bob you are right in what you say, it also makes things very awkward for other Promotors, furtunately as I said before we at Yorkshire Dales promotions (Skipton & Pickering Festivals) always pay bands after their performance in cash

The people I feel sorry for are his innocent children.
Wildrose Web Site (Copper Kettle & Broken Spoke Festival on this site)

Please note: site may be slow loading up
wildrose

Ultimate Member

Re: The South Will Rise Again Festival

Postby peterhead » Wed May 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Hello people I have just came across this post and feel I made be of some help even though it has been awhile, I do believe the person you might be looking for is justin cook from bournemouth who owned a gift shop, well that is now hollywood fancy dress and party wear shop, he has three, two in bournemouth and one in southampton just opened, where the just for fun ltd use to be, and he goes by the name of Archie, I think it is a hiding trick he uses because friends call him Archie and work related things is Justin. good luck and keep up the good singing and alike . www.hollywood.uk.com
peterhead

Newbie Member

Return to Country Clubs and Venues