Ian Cal Ford teams up with Ex Darts lead singer Bob Fish

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Ian Cal Ford teams up with Ex Darts lead singer Bob Fish

Postby Ian Cal-Ford » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Well Hi everybody,
Ive been away for sometime but its time to come back I guess. First of all, Contrary to popular belief, Me and The Railmen are still gigging along with our fiddle player Jane Ballantyne. Although we have not played any Country Music club for over a year now, we are playing alternate music venues.
Last year was a particularly rough year on a personal note, as some of you already know, I lost four colleagues on my project at my day job in a horrific explosion and I have been involved in the rebuild of the plant ever since. This was a contributing factor to the gigs slowing down due to my 'loss of Interest' for a while.
Well anyway, I have a new Musical project that I am involved in, which involves the multi million album selling vocalist, Bob Fish. Bob was the original lead singer with 70's 'Doo Wop' band 'Darts'. Bob left the band in 1981, just before the band folded. Although they have reformed but are no where near the calibre that they once were. Bob is no longer their lead vocalist either. We have teamed up and formed a 'Duo' called 'White Doves' there are many reasons for this particular name, of which I will comment on later.
Bob plays autoharp and also teaches the instrument in America to the Appalachian music people of the world. He is very accomplished and recognized throughout the US for his individual style. I play acoustic lead, pickin as best I can. We both share vocals and we double up on harmonies. We play roots country along with John Prine, Cash, Webb Pierce, Hank, Jim Reeves, Waylon, Merle, plus many of our own songs.
This is a good quality act and one which I am proud to be involved in. White Doves is a Stanley Brothers song which is one of Bob's Favourites and White Dove is also a drug, often used by Cash back in the 50's. So you get both light and dark with me and Bob. For all you facebook lovers and lets be honest, it has taken over cyber world, we are on there as 'White Doves' we have also got several videos on youtube, just look up Ian Cal Ford and Bob Fish (White Doves). We have literally hundreds of HD Photos we can send, all proffesionally taken in studios around London and Cardiff.
We are also in the middle of recording our first album together which so far sounds fantastic. Its totally acoustic and has a great roots country feel. Our plan is to hit the right genre and see what happens. We have already nailed a mini tour with Swedish singer songwriter Annika Fehling and have many shows lined up. We have decided to take the risk and hit the Country Scene but remember, we are very different, very good and dont use backing tracks. We cater for everyone but everyone wont cater for us.

Thanks everyone.
Its nice to be back

Ian Cal Ford
I once thought I was a Country Singer, Then an Indian convinced me I was full of Sh%t
Ian Cal-Ford

Re: Ian Cal Ford teams up with Ex Darts lead singer Bob Fish

Postby AbbeyFM » Fri May 31, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi Ian, nice to hear you're doing well again, have played a couple of your older tracks on my show. Keep in touch ok.
Regards, Taff (originally from Bargoed, used to come round your house when fathers played together). 8)

Re: Ian Cal Ford teams up with Ex Darts lead singer Bob Fish

Postby lo&m » Fri May 31, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi Ian, Sorry to hear about the loss of your collleagues but it's good to hear from you again.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.

Return to Country Clubs and Venues