Wolvestock 2011

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Wolvestock 2011

Postby Smudger » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:26 pm

I'm thinking of going this year. Anyone else going? Anyone been before?
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby brian ahern » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Been about 4 times but not for the last couple or so years. Its quite a good event even though the days show is governed by early evening closing probably because of noise abatement.

If you are staying in the park overnight I suggest that you book your campsite early because they are limited.

You will have to take your own seats the same as you do at Harlow and even though both stages are dance orientated the main stage is the best for bands.

Hope this helps you with your planning.

brian.
brian ahern

Supreme Member

Postby Smudger » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:03 am

Thanks Brian - the current plan is to have a day trip on the Saturday or Sunday or both.
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby Smudger » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:03 am

Thanks Brian - the current plan is to have a day trip on the Saturday or Sunday or both.
Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby Irene-T » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:47 am

If you go. Hang around the small stage - they can have some really good and unusual music playing.
Feel it's worth a journey to W'ton, just to catch something unusual, you maynot have seen

The 2nd small stage is a line dance gig, sponsored by a line dance mag, with acts playing ld associated material - Maybe you'll avoid this'n!!!

The 3rd and large'n can have some good bands playing, but the last time we went, it was kind of strange, as mid way through the day, a choreographer came on - showed a dance.
We took a trail around the stalls at this point!!
Irene-T

Supreme Member

Postby brian ahern » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:58 am

The small stage near the band stand is no longer there. It went a couple of years ago.

If you don't take a picnic hamper there is a couple of trucker type food outlets in the nearby industrial estate and the club near the main gate serves a reasonably priced beer

brian.
brian ahern

Supreme Member

Postby Irene-T » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:33 am

NOOOOOOOOO
That was by a mile the best music - Why did they remove that Brian?
We haven't visited for maybe 4 or 5 years, but that was the stage that'd encourage me to revisit

There's too much going on in the N/east during the Summer months, to get us out of the region
Irene-T

Supreme Member

Postby brian ahern » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:14 am

Morning Irene;
I believe that they pulled the bandstand stage for cost cutting reasons about the same time that they increased the camping and parking fees.

Like you I found that this stage was the most interesting even though it did get noise bleed from the line dance stage and the over loud backing tracks being used by some of the acts.

I know of quite a few fans who now offer their support elsewhere because of this. Like you say there are plenty of other CM Festivals offering temptation especially during the summer months.

brian.
brian ahern

Supreme Member

Postby Irene-T » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:32 am

brian ahern wrote:Morning Irene;
I believe that they pulled the bandstand stage for cost cutting reasons about the same time that they increased the camping and parking fees.

Like you I found that this stage was the most interesting even though it did get noise bleed from the line dance stage and the over loud backing tracks being used by some of the acts.

I know of quite a few fans who now offer their support elsewhere because of this. Like you say there are plenty of other CM Festivals offering temptation especially during the summer months.

brian.

Oh. What a shame, Brian
Especially for original and unique musicians having another platform for their music
Wonder why they cut out the unique but kept the little line dance stage?

They already have a huge area for dancing beside the larger stage

Hope you're fit'n well, this sunny, but freezin' Fri morn
Fitting new flooring for m' catering van today -who needs a man!!!!
Irene-T

Supreme Member

Postby brian ahern » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Irene-T wrote:
brian ahern wrote:Morning Irene;

brian.

Oh. What a shame, Brian
Especially for original and unique musicians having another platform for their music
Wonder why they cut out the unique but kept the little line dance stage?

They already have a huge area for dancing beside the larger stage

Hope you're fit'n well, this sunny, but freezin' Fri morn
Fitting new flooring for m' catering van today -who needs a man!!!!

Yes indeed Irene it is a shame. The probable reason why they have retained the line dance is because it is sponsored by a dance magazine and the whole event is line dance orientated anyway. This is not really a bad thing though because the event is still enjoyable.

Go to it gal with the van renovation. Food is important to a festival nearly as much as beer :lol:.

Who needs men? Well Sean out of Coronation St for a start and the story goes one in three blokes are that way inclined anyway. Would probably be myself but I can't get round to it. :lol:

Stop getting me at it Ms T. :lol: :lol:

brian.
brian ahern

Supreme Member

Postby Welshcowboy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:06 pm

i really love this weekend, been for the last two years and i find it excellent and of course it is free entry! :D If the weather is dry then it is great fun and the crowds come out in force as they did last year. As with every outdoor festival though the weather is never guarenteed, but if you are well prepared with umbrellas wellies etc you will be fine.

Lots of dancing, bands, bars and food outlets plus western stalls available during the weekend which has a friendly atmosphere about it.

The friday evening is good too, because the Up Country stage has a 2 hour country disco for dancing etc.

Enjoy!
Welshcowboy

Re: Wolvestock 2011

Postby JohnC » Thu May 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Does anybody know the lineup for Wolverstock, this year ???
The MAN, The MYTH, The LEGEND:
John C

Site Admin

Postby Smudger » Thu May 19, 2011 5:43 pm

JohnC wrote:Does anybody know the lineup for Wolverstock, this year ???

Smudger

Supreme Member

Postby PeterJD » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:25 am

Dont forget this is on this weekend.
Ask forgiveness, not permission.
PeterJD

Supreme Member

Postby Smudger » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:06 pm

PeterJD wrote:Dont forget this is on this weekend.

Yep, we're going on Sunday.
Smudger

Supreme Member

Next

Return to Festivals