Margo Price

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Margo Price

Postby Moshe » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:08 am

A very welcome return to London in under a year by rising country star, Margo Price.
Her debut album "Midwest farmers Daughter" impressed with the quality of songs, vocals & production, but live she impresses even more with her gutsy and contemporary take on old school, Loretta Lynn styled country. Backed by her solid country band, the price tags (see what she did there?), Margo delivers country with passion and energy.
You could say hers is genuine Outlaw Country, with her outspoken finger up to the music industry in "This Town Gets Around" & her elegant fingers up to the inauguration taking place tomorrow in Washington DC when she said "The only reason I would want to be in the US tomorrow would be to protest".
Saying that songs would get people through this, she went into a stunning version of Kris Kristofferson's "Me & Bobby McGhee", perfectly delivered. Other covers this evening included a Janis Joplin cover "Mercedes Benz" and a gorgeous rendition of Leonard Cohen's most country song, "Passing through".
Quite a few songs off her debut album were included including my favourite, "Desperate and Depressed" and "Four years of Chances".
She was on stage for a generous hour and a half, and the punters this night, fans who prefer authentic country music to conveyor belt Nashville pop and rock, were left well satisfied.
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Return to Worldwide Country Music